+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings from Yorkshire

I'm Dan.

Default Greetings from Yorkshire

Hello chaps

My name is Dan and I live in a town called Holmfirth in West Yorkshire.

I have been lurking for a while and have to admit that much of the content is above my head.

For my 40th early next year I am looking for a whole system upgrade, but at the moment I have only a Sony system from the late 90s early 2000's. I think it might be one of the first generation SACD players.

I am sure many of you can relate when I say that I got my system after buying my first house, kids then come along therefore a second move and then the things you like doing get forgotten about. I am now at the other end of that process with some me time and a load of enthusiasm to get a great new system put together.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Dan. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what you have in mind for a new system and also what music you listen to.

There's a lot of music discussion here as well as Hi-Fi, so you'll find plenty to interest you.

Take a look around the site, you'll see there are sections covering every aspect of Hi-Fi.

The members are friendly, so jump in and ask as many questions as you like.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dan.

Thank you for the welcome Geoff

I'm Martin.

Hi Dan and welcome. Holmfirth has the best deli ever, still think about sometimes.

Your early Sony SACD player is probably pretty good, a decent starting point anyway.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread