+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NuForce Icon iDo - iPod/iPad/iPhone DAC Headphone Amp

I'm Mike.

Default NuForce Icon iDo - iPod/iPad/iPhone DAC Headphone Amp

As new condition, used for maybe 15 hours before I decided that funds for my new phono stage are more important.

This is for iPod, iPhone, iPad only, uses USB for input ( not supplied ), so your charging lead for whatever iOS device you own will work.

Great little DAC with Digital/RCA out that also doubles up as a headphone amp with digital volume control, can also be used direct to active speakers for a desktop system.

These are no longer made and not easy to get hold of.

Fully boxed and would make an ideal Xmas present as the amp still has the cellophane wrapping on it.

£120 including postage.

Specs here:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8TEZ9JZ...Do-Silver.html

Review ( 2 pages )

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content...yc6SghZO9sq.97
    Last edited by mikeyb; 29-08-2017 at 06:42.

I'm Grant.

Interesting mike. What kind of adaptor do you need? Not seen adaptors for iphones or ipads. Lol.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Interesting mike. What kind of adaptor do you need? Not seen adaptors for iphones or ipads. Lol.
    Sorry Grant I'm a Daftee !

Don't need any adapter/ converter at all, just needs the USB lead you use for charging your iOS device DOH! I've edited that bit out

So it should work with newer iOS devices too.

Can you change the AVG in title to and

Thanks

I'm Grant.

Done that...so its the small firewire ios adaptor like iphone 5 and 6 it works on. Looks like a useful tool. 5 v olt or thereabouts is it. Just wondering if a battery bank would run it
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Done that...so its the small firewire ios adaptor like iphone 5 and 6 it works on. Looks like a useful tool. 5 v olt or thereabouts is it. Just wondering if a battery bank would run it
    Might do.

The PSU is 6.5v 2.3a if that's any help

I used my iPad with the 30 pin to USB lead to send to the DAC, pretty sure lightning to USB do exactly the same. I can test that if you like as my daughter's iPhone is lightning compatible.

I'm Grant.

Ok cheers. Just checking out whats gonna be best for me as i may be moving portable music wise. Its a minefield lol.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Ok cheers. Just checking out whats gonna be best for me as i may be moving portable music wise. Its a minefield lol.
    Aye it sure is, would you not be better with a decent DAP (Digital Audio Player) and a battery pack as I know the Fiio ones can drive most headphones no problem, I know my Fiio X3 managed my Senn 650's fine. X3 doubles up as a DAC too.

And there are better players out there than the X3, my Motorola phone beats it for sound quality and it takes a 128gb mSD card.

I'm Mike.

Don't make me come up there !

I'm Mike.

Ok I'll drop this in time for Xmas to £130 including next day delivery.

I'm Mike.

Destined for the cupboard of neglect?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast