+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: speaker cable selection

I'm jamie.

dont get me wrong its not bad,in fact very good for the money its just not as full bodied as the van damme,to me the van damme is more balanced,where as the fisual seems a bit top end bias.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    well the fisual didnt last long! lol
    it sounded very thin in my system,ive put the van damme hifi ofc back in
    That doesn't bode well for my first trial tomorrow.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm sorted.

I keep coming back to Talk 3

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    re the TQ cable it is either loved or loathed. The theory advanced to me is that it is suited to modern speaker designs that can sound a bit 'hot' with some equipment. The TQ 'calms' this down.

If your speakers are an older design, or your system is very well matched and not forward sounding, it will calm it down too much, and you will think it the worst cable ever.
    That's right, in my experience.

TQ Black is significantly laidback. I found it boring. And the sound is a bit 'manipulated' - it just sounds a bit weirdly wrong to me.
    TQ Ultra is better balanced but still a bit on the smooth side. But in my view fell way short of justifying its price.

I've had lots of speaker cables, many excellent, but I use these now and think they are fab. Easily the best I have had. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_500wt_1251

They are Western Electric copper cable stripped from a closed telephone exchange! - and then decently terminated.

A bit of a fanboy thing, but I agree with their enthusiasm. http://jeffsplace.me/wordpress/?p=7469

I have a couple of audio buddies who put me on to these.
    Amazing resolution, but not hyped up. Gorgeous tonal colours, but not 'coloured'. Amazing imaging.

Well, I loiks 'em.
    They are sent from Hong Kong but arrive quickly.

I'm Justin.

He is using Tannoy Westminster Royals though Jerry. Which are shite. According to me. Seriously I have never heard a pair sound good. Other Tannoys yes, but those? Not for me.

I might still order the raw unterminated WE cable though since it is mega cheap.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    He is using Tannoy Westminster Royals though Jerry. Which are shite. According to me. Seriously I have never heard a pair sound good. Other Tannoys yes, but those? Not for me.

I might still order the raw unterminated WE cable though since it is mega cheap.
    But Justin, all Tannoys are a bit marmite, we both know that!

Nonetheless very fine speaker cables indeed!
    Last edited by jandl100; 24-12-2016 at 13:05.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    You might want to be a little careful. Reading through Jeff Day's article he mentions the sudden proliferation of fake WE cable. The real stuff is pretty rare and more expensive. You could try the Duelund copy of the WE cable that is also rated highly and is pretty reasonably priced. I have some that I intend to press into service over the Xmas break
    Nick

System

Source - Esoteric P-05/D-05 SACD
    Amplification - Luxman L-509u
    Speakers - Vivid Audio V1.5
    Cables - Kubala Sosna

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234