+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Brian's Lenco headshell.

I'm Brian.

Well , Initially Ralph offered to modify a spare headshell which I had for my GL75 . This duly arrived yesterday .

However , the modified headshell arrived with a few little extras from Ralph . Firstly a modified counterweight which can accept 3 different brass weights which can be fixed to the counterweight with a screw . There was also enclosed two sets of headshell screws of different length . The extra brass weights are beautifully machined and it all fits together like quality engineering should .

I was nightshift last night and I'm a bit tired . However , I couldn't wait any longer to get all this fitted to my GL75 , and as expected it all fits like a glove and looks fantastic .

The headshell does seem a bit more substantial and is , of course , heavier than the original so I used the smallest additional brass counterweight .

How does it sound ? Initial impressions are very good indeed . Bass seems to be a little tighter and deeper . There seems to be better focus to the sound , and I'm pretty sure I can hear detail in the songs which was previously hidden . There's obviously much more listening to be done , however , on looks and feel alone this has been a very nice upgrade to my GL75 and I'm well pleased . So thanks goes to Ralph for taking the time to do this for me . It's a very nice upgrade kit indeed

More to follow .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm James.

Very nice bit of subtle engineering there Brian, Ralph has done a great job. You can now fit a much wider range of cartridges which opens up all sorts of possibilities!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Brian.

Yes James . All I need now is the money
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Ralph.

Morning Brian, good to see you've had a chance to try things out. The idea with the extra weights is to get the counterweight as close to the arm as possible without hindering its movement. I can see from the pic that your arm could do with some more . With the rider weight right back see if you can find a combination that will balance the arm but is close to the arms pivot point.
    Bear in mind that the heavier headshell won't be suitable for all cartridges. It was done primarily for the Denon DL103 but that doesn't mean to say it can't be used with other cartridges. If you feel the need a lighter headshell I can easily do another.
    Ralph.

I'm Brian.

Thanks Ralph . I'll have a go at that over the weekend and post back on this thread .

I may take you up on your kind offer of another lighter headshell at a later date Ralph . The only other headshell which I have at the moment is for keeping the GL75 in stock form so I'll have to get hold of another for you to modify .
    Last edited by brian2957; 17-12-2016 at 18:25.
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Ralph.

Ok Brian.
    Ralph.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456