+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian's Lenco headshell.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Ralph.

Hi Brian, I thought a few pics of the job being done would be interesting. I did my own headshell for the DL103 but I've recently bought a DL110 and I think this very light cartridge will work well in this headshell.
    Ralph.

I'm Brian.

Thanks Ralph , I'll have a look .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Ralph.

I hadn't considered paxolin but I'm happy to give it a try. In all honesty I don't think there's much mileage in these modified headshells. I'm only doing these for a bit of fun really. What the deck really needs is a better tonearm and I'm partway to a new arm that uses the original pillar, headshell and connector, and counterweight.
    Ralph.

I'm Andrew.

Brian, you should now be able to play around with a few other carts, what you using at the mo, is it Shure M55E + JICO stylus?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Thanks guys , yes I'm using the M55e / Jico stylus Andy . When I get the headshell back from Ralph i'll post something on the forum .

All advice on suitable cartridges gratefully accepted . The first on the list being a Jico SAS ( thanks James ) .
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Thanks guys , yes I'm using the M55e / Jico stylus Andy . When I get the headshell back from Ralph i'll post something on the forum .

All advice on suitable cartridges gratefully accepted . The first on the list being a Jico SAS ( thanks James ) .
    Extra mass might work well with the Shure. I've just been speaking to a chap over on LH who's measured resonance into the Lenco tonearm and it dosent make for comfortable reading. The Lenco's tonearm is coupled to a very noisey top plate and the cart is going to get a lot of resonance so the extra mass might help things. I think you might want to start looking at ways to dampen resonance getting into the tonearm and the cart. This could be worth exploring before you go any further. Are you thinking of getting the Super Dooper JICO stylus?? Xmas pressie ?????
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Aye , I'll try what I have , and maybe follow your suggestions for dampening the vibrations first Andy . Xmas pressie , not this year mate Maybe next
    Regards
    Brian

I'm James.

The SAS Jico will bring you close to what the 2M Black does but will work much better on the Lenco with the M55e cartridge.
    Now do you go for a sapphire or ruby cantilever?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    The SAS Jico will bring you close to what the 2M Black does but will work much better on the Lenco with the M55e cartridge.
    Now do you go for a sapphire or ruby cantilever?
    Eh ! You mean there's a choice now James . I'll have to have another look
    Regards
    Brian

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Eh ! You mean there's a choice now James . I'll have to have another look
    Hi Brian, yes Jico are doing a ruby and sapphire cantilever, the ruby is twice the price!

I am not sure if they do both options for the M55e?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast