+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OPPO UDP-203 4K UHD Blu-ray Player Available to Pre-Order

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    This Oppo is I think the most anticipated in years. I was thinking of getting one at one point but other things have come up since.

There is one thing I'd like to try, would this Oppo be able to stream music from a HDD, if so then I wonder what the quality is like?
    Have a 103D here used mainly for streaming video and the occasional Bluray.
    Wanted a "video squeezebox" and this is it.

Streaming Flac and hires music files from the Oppo into a Dac can be superb sounding...can spit out DSD to a suitable Dac too.
    "Different" but not better or worse than my Transporter into the same Dac to be honest...prefer the sound from the Transporter though and I get to use Roon with it, so that's my daily driver for music.

BTW I watch Netflix from my Oppo...my Telly has it too as well as being able to cast from my phone 'n tablet.
    Compared them of a wet Sunday afternoon and the Opoo's implementation is MUCH better. Seriously...much.
    Again...its that thing of doing the same thing "on paper" but quality will always out?

Oppo's are a helluva piece of kit, seriously...they cure that nagging feeling that maybe you COULD do better?
    With Oppo kit....no you can't.
    Like buying a Leica camera... not the cheapest, but, you know...
    Last edited by Gazjam; 01-12-2016 at 19:22.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiocom View Post
    Hi Marco

That's odd, the website is showing you the price without VAT and should only do this if you register in a country outside of the EU.

I can confirm the price is £599.00 inclusive of VAT.

We've got F8Creates looking at this as we speak
    No worries, Hamish will sort it out - and he has. It's showing as £599 now, using Google Chrome as a browser

Nice bit of kit. I may consider one in the new year, as an upgrade to the Sony player I'm currently using, shown here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/b...yers/bdp-s6700

It only upscales to 4K (but offers superb performance for the money), so I'd imagine that the Oppo would trump it?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mark.

Hi Marco

The new OPPO UDP-203 will for sure trump your Sony BD player!

In my experience it’s HDR that makes the bigger difference with the new UHD formats, but then not all 4K UHD discs are created equal.

For example, if you compare the “Oblivion” 1080p to 4K UHD disc, you might wonder what the fuss is about. But do the same with “The Revenant” and you’ll be picking your jaw up of the floor.
    Mark @ Audiocom, Wales UK - 01646 650008

Website

Facebook

Twitter

I'm Mark.

Hi All

OPPO have emailed to say the price of the UDP-203 is likely to change due to currency fluctuations and US pricing being confirmed.

Will update as soon as we know more.

Website

Facebook

Twitter

I'm Mark.

Hi All

OPPO have revised the pricing of the UDP-203 to £649.00 or EURO 849.00.

Information and photos are now available at the Audiocom AV website.

We are all pleased to offer the UDP-203 with MultiZone DVD + MultiRegion Blu-ray price £729.00;

http://www.audiocomav.co.uk/4k-blu-r...ltiregion.html

Website

Facebook

Twitter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12