+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need a R2R....

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    When you do & especially 10.5'' reels, rewind & fast forward the machine with fully loaded reels each way you wind look at for sloppy or slow start..
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Aye it's a complex evolution pretty much as complex as Hawkwind (Well not as much)..I do & i don't like Gong after the departure of Daevid Allen..I know which album you mean, the 'Pierre Moerlen's Gong Live' album..
    Perhaps not for you Andre, but I love PM's Gong "Time is The key." The forst few tracks seem to flow together as a whole and the LP was a good cut too IMO..

I've also followed Mr Hillage and Miquette (of the synthy twiddly bits and sexy French voice) Giraudy into their System 7 projects. The last release "Phoenix" actually had some decent guitar riffs too
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Perhaps not for you Andre, but I love PM's Gong "Time is The key." The forst few tracks seem to flow together as a whole and the LP was a good cut too IMO..

I've also followed Mr Hillage and Miquette (of the synthy twiddly bits and sexy French voice) Giraudy into their System 7 projects. The last release "Phoenix" actually had some decent guitar riffs too

agreed Time is the Key is a beautiful slice of jazzrock-in my top 10 alltime top 10, awesome bass on this on my record reproduction apparatus.
    BigMooG (Jonathan Stanley)
    He says: Decca is Better

Vinyl System: Superficial Engineering hell/p12 turntable (British Leyland suspension upgrade), Jack-a-nori semi mono Cartridge (tooth pick cantilever), STI Klynik XXX tonearm (rewired with Klimacs Kable ), intelligence quotient 161 (mensa) preamplifier with 224 NOS Ssangyong ECC88s and NOS North Korean kim-jong-ill GZ34s, barelyaudible research V.P.L. dual quad mono amplifiers with modified circuit boards (MDF), Gilson W.A.L.L.O.P Ultimate Final V2 loudspeakers, uranium cable loom (mercury vapour upgrade), hysterical research and Dr Mike Amera room treatments-flock wallpaper, yergota bee-joking cryofrozen fuses throughout

Digital system: cd player

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

You're gonna need a reel-to-reel to play them Manor Sessions tapes on, eh BM??????? (psst, Edgar, this one has 'em )

You're gonna need a reel-to-reel to play them Manor Sessions tapes on, eh BM??????? (psst, Edgar, this one has 'em )

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

must dash, I need to fettle my kettle
    BigMooG (Jonathan Stanley)
    He says: Decca is Better

Vinyl System: Superficial Engineering hell/p12 turntable (British Leyland suspension upgrade), Jack-a-nori semi mono Cartridge (tooth pick cantilever), STI Klynik XXX tonearm (rewired with Klimacs Kable ), intelligence quotient 161 (mensa) preamplifier with 224 NOS Ssangyong ECC88s and NOS North Korean kim-jong-ill GZ34s, barelyaudible research V.P.L. dual quad mono amplifiers with modified circuit boards (MDF), Gilson W.A.L.L.O.P Ultimate Final V2 loudspeakers, uranium cable loom (mercury vapour upgrade), hysterical research and Dr Mike Amera room treatments-flock wallpaper, yergota bee-joking cryofrozen fuses throughout

Digital system: cd player

I'm Nobody.

The thing is it's staright forward music, no far out weird time change shit going on you see, it's all too simple music for me..You know what i mean..Simplicty = Repetative IMHO

I'm Nobody.

At your service i have the gong Manor tapes recording

I'm David.

Andre, this is top secret TeeDee stuff, ok, an old joke that backfired at the time.....

If you like deliberately difficult prog, try my cousin-in-law - Martin Hawks aka Evans aka MH progressive on MySpace and facebook I think. His music is full of "intellectual" key and tempo changes - you'll like it I think as VDH Generator was an early influence along with many others from this era...

I'm Nobody.

you'll like it I think as VDH Generator was an early influence along with many others from this era...

Was Van Den Hul the same geezer as Van De Graaf then

I'm David.

Groan...........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast