+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Track shuffling problem reappaears!

I'm Dave.

Default Track shuffling problem reappaears!

The track shuffling problem for downloads is well known, and particularly, but not only, concerns listeners to classical music.

I had more or less figured out how to solve it for downloads to my Apple kit - including iPads etc.

Recently I bought an Amazon Fire HD 8 at a reasonable prices as a gadget to take on holiday. My reasoning being that if it got broken or stolen it would only be a relatively small loss. Neither of those things happened, and it was mostly useful.

However, I found that I was able to listen to some music of CDs I'd bought from Amazon - as they'd been Autoripped. The track ordering problem has reappeared with this device. I probably don't want to spend a lot of time on this, but it is a pain. Sometimes at least the auto rip is on a per CD basis, but for some box sets one can have hundreds of tracks. In particular (though not the only ones) I bought a set of Beethoven symphonies conducted by Emmanuel Krivine, and a set of Schubert piano sonatas played by Ingrid Haebler. Both are really good, but the random shuffle is completely unwanted.

Since I now have access to the CDs again I will probably give up on this - but it is a nuisance. I don't have an easy solution for the Amazon Fire devices. I haven't even got as far as to check out gapless playing yet - though if the tracks are out of order who cares?!
    Dave

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Sounds like a simple file naming and tagging issue.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread