+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not 100% finished...but here are my beautiful WA HB1s <3

I'm jayne.

Default Not 100% finished...but here are my beautiful WA HB1s <3

Neil from Wilmslow has been most helpful whilst I built these from the kit - never done anything like this before. Originally these were being relegated to the wall. However, my hubby now agrees that they truly are very beautiful and deserve to be a focal point! Result! Just need to find some nice stands....
    Will post a proper pic when fully built and in situ!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Dave.

Very nice Jayne. Looking forward to viewing more photos.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Grant.

Indeed, very nice. Some wooden stands in similar wood might be nice.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Very neat Jayne. I like those. Bet they sound decent. Wilmslow do some good stuff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Paul.

Good looking speakers, those

Lovely finish on them !
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm jayne.

Thanks everyone They're the walnut finish with a few coats of satin - really brought the wood out. I can't stop stroking them when I walk passed. Is that sad?! Yes, Wilmslow were brilliant! I know I asked more than my fair share of questions throughout the build!!
    Not sure about wooden stands - my dad is saying the same, but I think I want something very minimal.

I'm Grant.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by MajikMoo View Post
    I can't stop stroking them when I walk passed. Is that sad?
    Not sad at all Jayne, they look great. It is a special feeling when you can build something yourself and get great results from it.

I'm jayne.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    These are certainly the right kind of style I want. How much does a stand alter the sound?

I'm Grant.

There is no doubt there is interaction between stand and speaker and stand and floor. Its impossible to say exactly what it will be until tried, for sure but guesses can be made due to experience and other things lol.
    A good venacular here is the "suck it and see" one...ie try and experiment and all will be revealed. Some like to be bolted dirctly to stand, and some like to be isolated using either a cone or sorbothane. Same as toe in/out, its worth trying a few options til you find what you like. Remember what someone else likes and says you need may not suit you
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast