+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wadia 151, anyone?

Default Wadia 151, anyone?

I've been waiting for the release and subsequent reviews of Wadia's dac/class d amp. I thought it was supposed to be out by now but it's pretty quiet out there and on Wadia's website.

Anybody with an inside leg on this?

Ask Mr C on here but before you do, can you pop into our Welcome area, say hello and tell us your first name please?

Most of us include our first names somewhere in our signatures.

We're nice folks here and we're real people too!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by hi fi fooker View Post
    I've been waiting for the release and subsequent reviews of Wadia's dac/class d amp. I thought it was supposed to be out by now but it's pretty quiet out there and on Wadia's website.

Anybody with an inside leg on this?

Wadia are a slow/small company. The 581 CDP came out a while ago and its bigger brother was supposed to be out at the same time....its only recently made an appearance. I was thinking about getting a 781 CDP, 2 years ago when I was looking to buy my last big CD player (861 had just been discontinued)...it never appeared (the 781) so I bought the Moon Andromeda instead.

One thing I can say is it will be worth the wait Wadia are very good at what they do.

You could ring The Musical Design Company the UK distributors, but speak to Nigel Crump, not Michael as imho/e he is about as much use as a hole in a boat...that was my experience of him when I was in the trade and did Wadia.

Regards D S D L

PS Pop into the welcome section, say hello, give us your first name, basic location and tell us about your system and the music you like. This isn't really an option.....thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 11-12-2009 at 18:57.
    Regards Neil

I'm Santosh.

Hi hi-fi fooker
    I deal with MDC frequently and if you want I can have a word with Mr Crump and come back to you Monday/Tuesday

+ Reply to Thread