+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teac VRDS-T1 Transport

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    I agree. You have one stompin' transport there, Bev.

I was amazed when I had one. It eventually needed a new laser but they are pretty cheap to buy which surprised me.

Moving up the chain, I don't think you will really need to bother with the intermediate TEAC transports until maybe the P30 which is a monster but also now quite expensive to keep running regarding lasers unfortunately.

So, well done... it's a keeper IMO.
    P30 is a great transport.

I had a P3 Esoteric, but it was a bit mechanically noisy so moved it on, but that comparison between it and the P5 I did was sobering, the P3 ate it for breakfast.
    Regards Neil

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Well I just plugged the Teac in and I cannot get the tray to open....

I'm just looking around it for any transport screws but can't find any

I may have purchased a dud.... ooops... If that's the case then I guess it's the only bit of hifi I've purchased that has showed a fault so after all these years I suppose it had to happen at some point..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Josie.

Ah... inside you will find a cog that will have become misaligned... check that first.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Well I just plugged the Teac in and I cannot get the tray to open....

I'm just looking around it for any transport screws but can't find any

I may have purchased a dud.... ooops... If that's the case then I guess it's the only bit of hifi I've purchased that has showed a fault so after all these years I suppose it had to happen at some point..
    Is the fuse in the plug ok?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Ah... inside you will find a cog that will have become misaligned... check that first.
    Thanks Josie I will take a look in it
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Is the fuse in the plug ok?
    Yes Chris the unit does power up ok but just won't open
    Bev

There is a hole in the bottom of the unit

Can anyone tell me if it's there for a reason, like a transport screw etc, or just a hole ?
    Bev

I'm Paul.

There is a single transport 'screw' accessible from underneath, at least that's if it the same as my VRDS10. The clamp mechanism locks the laser sledge from what I remember.

The other likely problems are a broken drive belt on the opening mechanism or a broken plastic drive cog.

Good luck with the search.
    Paul

I'm Grant.

Worth getting fixed though if thats all thats wrong, and possibly is. Built like tanks
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Yes, nothing else you have will come close. You will hear exactly why transports matter and make a difference.

Neil, this is a T1 transport, a sheep in wolf's clothing, in other words a dressed up low cost Sony...

http://lampizator.eu/LAMPIZATOR/REFE...1/VRDS-T1.html

Doesn't mean it's bad, but it ain't what the bigger VRDS mechs are...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast