+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teac VRDS-T1 Transport

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default Teac VRDS-T1 Transport

When I picked up my new speakers, the Living Voice Auditoriums, the chap also had a Teac VRDS-T1 transport sitting there so I asked the price and after knocking him down a bit I purchased it

Unfortunately the gear the chap had was of his later bother's collection which is such a shame

Neither the speakers or transport could be heard as they had no other equipment to go with it so I purchased both the speakers and the Teac unheard and untested which is something I would not normally do but the couple I purchased the speakers and transport from where just such lovely people, middle class with a lovely 6 bedroom victorian house, so I am pretty sure it will work ok. Certainly the speakers are working just perfectly

I have not even taken the Teac out of it's box yet but was wondering what people thought of it as a transport

I will probably try it out tomorrow evening with the AN Dac and see how it is
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    When I picked up my new speakers, the Living Voice Auditoriums, the chap also had a Teac VRDS-T1 transport sitting there so I asked the price and after knocking him down a bit I purchased it

Unfortunately the gear the chap had was of his later bother's collection which is such a shame

Neither the speakers or transport could be heard as they had no other equipment to go with it so I purchased both the speakers and the Teac unheard and untested which is something I would not normally do but the couple I purchased the speakers and transport from where just such lovely people, middle class with a lovely 6 bedroom victorian house, so I am pretty sure it will work ok. Certainly the speakers are working just perfectly

I have not even taken the Teac out of it's box yet but was wondering what people thought of it as a transport

I will probably try it out tomorrow evening with the AN Dac and see how it is
    If its working, be prepared for a shock I think this will be the best you will have ever heard your music through that DAC.
    Regards Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    If its working, be prepared for a shock I think this will be the best you will have ever heard your music through that DAC.
    Really Neil is it that good ?
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Neil.

Really Neil is it that good ?
    Yes, nothing else you have will come close. You will hear exactly why transports matter and make a difference.
    Regards Neil

Yes, nothing else you have will come close. You will hear exactly why transports matter and make a difference.
    Thanks Neil

I can't wait to try it now

It seems quite heavy to me for a transport and looks well built and as it's 'Made in Japan' I expect it to be pretty good

This is it, sorry not great pic:
    Bev

I'm Neil.

Thanks Neil

I can't wait to try it now

It seems quite heavy to me for a transport and looks well built and as it's 'Made in Japan' I expect it to be pretty good

This is it, sorry not great pic:
    It is fitted with an early version of the finest Red Book transport ever made. The VRDS mechanisms are to be found in Wadia's and Esoteric's and other top flight high end CD players and Transports. As I say if this works, you are in for a real treat.

Teac no longer supply VRDS mechanisms to other companies, just to Esoteric - a spin off company.
    Regards Neil

It is fitted with an early version of the finest Red Book transport ever made. The VRDS mechanisms are to be found in Wadia's and Esoteric's and other top flight high end CD players and Transports. As I say if this works, you are in for a real treat.

Teac no longer supply VRDS mechanisms to other companies, just to Esoteric - a spin off company.
    Thanks Neil
    I will do my best to put it in the system tomorrow evening and hopefully it will work ok, I know anything cd related are the riskiest purchases so hopefully it will be fine
    Bev

I'm Neil.

Thanks Neil
    I will do my best to put it in the system tomorrow evening and hopefully it will work ok, I know anything cd related are the riskiest purchases so hopefully it will be fine
    I will be shocked if you don't hear what I think you should hear
    Regards Neil

I'm Steve.

I had one. Excellent transport, really does everything right.
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm Josie.

I agree. You have one stompin' transport there, Bev.

I was amazed when I had one. It eventually needed a new laser but they are pretty cheap to buy which surprised me.

Moving up the chain, I don't think you will really need to bother with the intermediate TEAC transports until maybe the P30 which is a monster but also now quite expensive to keep running regarding lasers unfortunately.

So, well done... it's a keeper IMO.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast