+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: best value portable earphone amps and earphones

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ive a few to pic from but the old erricson might be past it. So the motorola razr or my s3 with the big battery.
    If you want to use a DAC you'll need to check if the phone in question has USB host capabilities, the S3 might work with the USB Audio pro app...
    Cheers, Will

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    My favourite portables to date are the V-Jays. Value is critical for me, because I always look for sub £50 for my ultra-portables. Have used a lot of portables including expensive ones from Shure, and used in-ears for long enough to realise that I don't like them. I prefer open backs, so I can actually hear stuff when out and about & prefer the balance / comfort. The Jays headphones are a bit like the Koss Porta Pro with tighter bass and more sparkling highs. A fun fun fun design that makes AKG & Sennheiser portables sound boring.

..these V-Jays are great - think I paid about £20 for them delivered from Amazon.

I have Sennheiser Hd650s for serious Hi-Fi use - but whenever I am away from home I use the V-Jays (and I don't feel I missing too much).
    Adam.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Theadmans View Post
    ..these V-Jays are great - think I paid about £20 for them delivered from Amazon.

I have Sennheiser Hd650s for serious Hi-Fi use - but whenever I am away from home I use the V-Jays (and I don't feel I missing too much).
    Another advantage is that phones drive them just fine, no real need to amp them up.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Grant.

Seem a bit dearer now those. Interesting design though. Was looking at some bluedio cans too. Look good and spec seems decent for money. Hard to say what they sound like. You get the usual glowing reviews but who is reviewing them on say amazon...maybe kids who are impressed with lots of bass it seems for all earphones. As i say its a damn minefield
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Well you have 2x HiFi nuts recommending the Jays who (I) have owned / own STAX, Grado RS1, Sony MDR-V6 etc.

I haven't heard the Bludios though.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Grant.

Amazon are oostock of them. About £40 so not bad. I see they do dearer models too. They are on my list
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Default best value portable earphone amps and earphones

Got a set of Marshalls for now to dip my toe in until i decide on a full set.

They are well enough made and sound very nice indeed. Perhaps ohmage might be slightly on high side especially on the samsung s3. A bit more ooph on the iphone5
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123