+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ortofon MC2000 mk2 (New Old Stock) + Ortofon T20 mk2 (New Old Stock)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Neil.

Default Ortofon MC2000 mk2 (New Old Stock) + Ortofon T20 mk2 (New Old Stock)

Never thought I would want to sell these but that day when I would fit this cart never came.

What we have here is a New Old Stock Ortofon MC2000 mk 2 and the matching step up transformer. I bought these new from Ortofon back in 1992 and never used them.

This came about because this is the second MC2000 mk2 I got, as the first had a crack in the white ceramic body. I don't know if this occured when I installed it in my SME 309 arm or it was there, regardless Ortofon replaced the cart with a brand new one, but without the outer packing, which is why the screws are loose from fitting that first cracked MC2000. In the mean time I had bought a VDH MC10 which I fitted to the SME 309 where it stayed, until moved to an ET2 arm, then SME 5. The MC2000 languished on the shelf along side the transformer. I always mean't to try it, but never did.

Having looked into this I see that the MC2000 mk2 is a collectors item these days and I see that NOS examples of these sell on average for in and around £1000. The transformer seems to go for about £250 to £350.

I don't want to split these as the T20 mk2 was designed to go with the MC2000 mk2 and as such it seems to me a shame to split them apart. The T20 is in excellent condition.

So I would like £800 for both, payment via bank transfer. I will only sell within the UK and Ireland. Postage will be via next day postage (insured for £1000) and will be about £20.

A word of warning. These carts must be installed very carefully and gently, the underside of the tonearm and top of the cart must be clean, otherwise tightening the cart to the arm could result in a cracked cart - you have been warned.

I won't reduce this price, probably should be a bit dearer but I think £800 is a fair price.

Edit 2/7/17

Cartridge was tried and found to be working fully. Only 3 LP sides were played. A brief video can be supplied to prove cartridge is working fine.

Last edited by Spectral Morn; 03-07-2017 at 10:43. Reason: Photos/Text Updated.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread