+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where next

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
    I doubt that there is much more you can do to your Techie to get better sound.

At this point I'd look into Phonostage. Remember that the electronics touching transducers have an outsized effect on the system's sound.
    One of my friends said he tried different phonostages and had good and bad results so its possibly an area to look at. I am still going to change the Ortofon cart to a 2m Black as I have heard this on a sl1210 standard and it sounded very focused if the thats word I am looking for.

danilo Guest

Complete Digression :-) Spend the 'Budget' on fresh, never heard by you Recordings ??
    IMO far more rewarding than a more or less infinitesimal sonic upgrade to recordings you've likely heard too many times already.

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by danilo View Post
    Complete Digression :-) Spend the 'Budget' on fresh, never heard by you Recordings ??
    IMO far more rewarding than a more or less infinitesimal sonic upgrade to recordings you've likely heard too many times already.
    But I do that as well

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by danilo View Post
    But if you're like me that doesn't come under 'Budget' those come under essentials and can only be bought once the budget has doubled and been spent

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    I know they must add a solid performance but the after market platters dont do it for me visually.

I can't wait to see what you do to the ETP now.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post

I can't wait to see what you do to the ETP now.

I know I might have to spray it a nice colour Kev and put some stickers on it Its like having an ugly girlfriend she might not be the best looking lady but she may be the best in bed So all is forgiven in the ugliness department
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Kevin.

Who cares what it looks like.
    It's a tool for music reproduction.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Mick.

Well bearing and platter fitted and so far very happy. All I can say so far is the sound is very tight and clear so see what happens after a few days testing Glass matt or not that is the question, still undecided at this stage. I did modify my strobe as it is no longer needed. Saves disconnecting it

I know these upgrades are old hat to some but to me its all brand new but no regrets the money spent.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm keiron.

I see you've got the additional "weight" on your tonearm.

What exactly is the purpose and impact of that?

(Turntable looks seriously cool by the way!)

I'm alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Well bearing and platter fitted and so far very happy. All I can say so far is the sound is very tight and clear so see what happens after a few days testing Glass matt or not that is the question, still undecided at this stage. I did modify my strobe as it is no longer needed. Saves disconnecting it

I know these upgrades are old hat to some but to me its all brand new but no regrets the money spent.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    whats the big weight for on top of the jelco for please???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast