+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Van Den Hul Teatrack Bi-wire

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Shaun.

Default Van Den Hul Teatrack Bi-wire

OK folks, wanted this cable for a couple of years now so really pleased that I finally got a two metre stereo pair. It is terminated two banana's into four banana's so I get to use my KEF's split crossovers however I am not 100% sure this is good or better. First thing I noticed was the stereo image. Rock steady and very tightly focussed central image with all of the usual peripheral stuff going on. That was a relief as I so value a massive stereo image. Bass is quite stunning in its resolution although not in depth or sheer power. The old Mark Grant VDC cables were deeper than these but with no real resolution in comparison. Bass detail with the Teatrack is staggering. Midrange is now truly excellent and completely natural aided by the very tight stereo focus. Vocals are quite something but then I am now using valve amplification which certainly helps. OK let's talk about the treble. This is quite grainy and powdery when compared to the VDC cables. It is simply not as good. Yes, the VDC cables were a tad sharp and explicit in the upper high frequencies but they were simply better to my ears.

So, around two hundred quid for a set. Worth it...? If not for the high frequencies, they are definitely worth it.

Title bar cannot be changed and should of course read Van Den Hul
    Last edited by Haselsh1; 20-11-2016 at 09:57. Reason: Spelling error

+ Reply to Thread