+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Van Den Hul Teatrack Bi-wire

I'm Shaun.

Default Van Den Hul Teatrack Bi-wire

OK folks, wanted this cable for a couple of years now so really pleased that I finally got a two metre stereo pair. It is terminated two banana's into four banana's so I get to use my KEF's split crossovers however I am not 100% sure this is good or better. First thing I noticed was the stereo image. Rock steady and very tightly focussed central image with all of the usual peripheral stuff going on. That was a relief as I so value a massive stereo image. Bass is quite stunning in its resolution although not in depth or sheer power. The old Mark Grant VDC cables were deeper than these but with no real resolution in comparison. Bass detail with the Teatrack is staggering. Midrange is now truly excellent and completely natural aided by the very tight stereo focus. Vocals are quite something but then I am now using valve amplification which certainly helps. OK let's talk about the treble. This is quite grainy and powdery when compared to the VDC cables. It is simply not as good. Yes, the VDC cables were a tad sharp and explicit in the upper high frequencies but they were simply better to my ears.

So, around two hundred quid for a set. Worth it...? If not for the high frequencies, they are definitely worth it.

Title bar cannot be changed and should of course read Van Den Hul
    Last edited by Haselsh1; 20-11-2016 at 09:57. Reason: Spelling error

I'm Craig.

One mans meat etc...

I had a set years ago, don't miss them at all.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Shaun.

I can only really add that with my limited knowledge of QED, NVA and VDC cables, these are certainly up there with the tops.

I just cannot get over that bass definition and that rock solid central focus.

No doubt one day I'll find better but maybe not as I won't ever pay more.

danilo Guest

Always rewarding when something New pleases.
    That said Often it's the freshened connections ie; fresh wires squeezed onto fresh spots on the connectors that gives the improvement.
    A semi annual spritz of Deoxit often does similar. Or even making breaking the connections semi annually, gives my setup a fresh lease on life..

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by danilo View Post
    Always rewarding when something New pleases.
    That said Often it's the freshened connections ie; fresh wires squeezed onto fresh spots on the connectors that gives the improvement.
    A semi annual spritz of Deoxit often does similar. Or even making breaking the connections semi annually, gives my setup a fresh lease on life..
    Danilo, all of the connections are 4mm Banana plugs so no bare wires to worry about but I certainly take your point.

I'm Shaun.

OK, so after considerable listening, the sound with these cables very definitely favours vinyl to CD. The Dire Straits 'White' album sounds bloody amazing through these cables with a shedload of extra detail. Really liking the new sound.

I'm Shaun.

Right then, having spent a while with these cables, I swapped back to my Mark Grant VDC cables. The difference is quite staggering in favour of the VDC cables. Also of course, the VDC cables are a fraction of the cost of the VdH ones. The bass is much more powerful although quite a bit warmer, the midrange has masses more detail in all of its multitude of layers and the treble has virtually no grain at all. I was really gobsmacked whilst listening to 'Older' by George Michael. The layers of synth in this recording that I have never heard before were seriously amazing. Yes, OK, I also changed pre and power a month or so before Christmas but I have only been using the VdH's with this new combo. Not any longer.

+ Reply to Thread