+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valab DAC

Bigman80 Guest

Default Valab DAC

Hi guys,

As I'm new to the digital realm, I really wanted to try a DAC. I opted for the VALAB largely due to the NOS feature or lack there of. Also it was for sale through the forum.

I've had it for 24 hours and the sound is amazing. Its really opened my eyes.

The question I have is, should I be hearing a noise when nothing is playing ? There is, what sounds to me to be a noise similar to hearing a computer "thinks" about doing something.

I don't know how else to describe it. Any way should it be silent or is this normal.

Thanks

Oliver.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

The Valab

I'm Neil.

No you shouldn't have sounds like that. Do you get any dropouts or distortion during playback?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Neil.

Which input are you using?

Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Bigman80 Guest

No drop outs or distortion. I'm using USB. Don't have optical out or coaxial out of my laptop

I'm Neil.

OK, sounds like you might benefit from a USB isolator.

I'm David.

I've got one of these on trial at the moment from a friend. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017329983...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    They usually go for approx £120 and for the money it sounds excellent. It doesn't beat my Calyx (£1500 when new) but it has no nasties and a very non fatiguing sound.
    Last edited by loveoscar; 01-12-2016 at 09:58. Reason: Wrong link appeared?

I'm Neil.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by loveoscar View Post
    I've got one of these on trial at the moment from a friend. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017329983...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    They usually go for approx £120 and for the money it sounds excellent. It doesn't beat my Calyx (£1500 when new) but it has no nasties and a very non fatiguing sound.
    No link.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Sound,. I'll have a look. Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast