+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CD Recorders

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by eisenach View Post
    I've got an old Dell Inspiron sitting by the hifi, too, for the odd occasion I need it. It is/was good for ripping discs to transfer them to the NAS. This week I decided to update the OS from Vista (no support from Microsoft) to Windows 8Pro. It took ages with all the updates, including updating to 8.1, only for it to "forget" how to do drag and drop within the first hour of use ! The internet has been no help in fixing it. I think I'm going to have to go through the install process again.
    My advice ? Persevere with the CD recorder !
    sounds like a registry error. There was a fix for this i think ..... something like using escape button with the left click
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jez.

I can recommend a Yamaha CDR-HD1500. Mine has proven very good over several years so far (it'll die tomorrow now of course!). It has Analogue to digital converter for recording via the analogue inputs (on phono sockets, useful for recording from the radio, cassettes, vinyl etc), a hard drive, so you can record to that and then burn to disc later... or play back straight from hard drive, and of course a DAC function which works nicely to use it as the DAC for playback from my PC. There's coaxial, optical and analogue inputs in total... can't recall how many are replicated as outputs and it ain't easy to get round the back for a butchers!
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Richard.

Thanks again Grant. I have disabled a lot of the processors and indeed YouTube replay has improved no dropouts but there are still some funny noises going off. Problem is I've probably disabled the whole bloody laptop!

I agree Martin, and you know how you can help me in the quest

I'm Grant.

go to the Sounds and Audio devices in Control Panel and disable or tick none in sounds option(thats the noises the pc makes. playback will still be ok. you can also access it sometimes from double clicking on the speaker icon at bottom right if its showing.
    Glad its running smoother.. just ake sure you dont disable any windows processes. 3rd party software is fine to go in general. often security programs can cause trouble , so its finding a happy medium with security and usability.
    Last edited by struth; 28-11-2016 at 23:08.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I can recommend a Yamaha CDR-HD1500. Mine has proven very good over several years so far (it'll die tomorrow now of course!). It has Analogue to digital converter for recording via the analogue inputs (on phono sockets, useful for recording from the radio, cassettes, vinyl etc), a hard drive, so you can record to that and then burn to disc later... or play back straight from hard drive, and of course a DAC function which works nicely to use it as the DAC for playback from my PC. There's coaxial, optical and analogue inputs in total... can't recall how many are replicated as outputs and it ain't easy to get round the back for a butchers!
    Don't worry Arkless, I've had a butchers on line & it looked bang on. Then I read that it only uses 'Audio only' cd's which as I said earlier aren't suitable in my Helios CD player

I'm Grant.

I had a machine that only used those audio discs, and as you say, all my cd players wouldnt play them think I gave it away to someone I didnt like much
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Richard.

Thanks for the further help with the laptop Grant, appreciated.

With regards to the recorder, I've come to the conclusion that a HHB cd-r800 is the one for me. Despite being a tad old now, it uses standard discs, has optical in & out, has the stable platter mechanism and had a good rep.

If anyone has one or knows of anyone selling one please get in touch. In the meantime I've got a Pioneer 609 to move on! Cheers everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12