+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FOR SALE REFERENCE 3A VEENA Mk2 SPEAKERS

I'm John.

Default FOR SALE REFERENCE 3A VEENA Mk2 SPEAKERS

Up for sale is a pair of Reference 3A Veena Mk2 floor standers in the premium black gloss finish.

Reference 3A speakers are manufactured in Canada and are not that common in the UK. They are very well regarded and are a little unusual in that they contain a sloping front baffle and do not use an internal crossover. They are fairly efficient and offer a near constant 8 ohm load and are therefore easy to drive. They give a very clean, transparent and immediate sound.

A lot more information can be found below.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...oudspeaker.htm

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/ref...eakers/?page=2

Also attached are some photos which I found quite difficult because of the reflections caused by the gloss finish and the flash on my camera.

The speakers are in very good condition, however, in prepping them for photographing I noticed a chip to the very bottom front edge of one of them. The black gloss finish also shows a small number of pin-head blemishes here and there.

This pair were sold by the importer (Absolute Analogue) in May 2014 and so they are just 2.5yrs old. They currently retail at £3.5k and the importer currently has a seven year old pair of these on special offer at £1650.

I am asking £1050 for this pair.

I do not have any boxes for them and so it is collection only from Ipswich, Suffolk where they can be viewed and auditioned. Alternatively, I would be prepared to deliver or meet up a reasonable distance.
    Last edited by Sondekker; 14-11-2016 at 12:54. Reason: fixing broken links

I'm chris.

Nice looking and a good price John --- I've not heard these but did hear standmount version and they were v good -- good reviews online too...... I don't have the funds unfort - but a nice christmas treat for someone !

I'm Mauro.

Gorgeous speakers!
    I had the Dulcet and they were stunning!
    GLWTS.

I'm John.

Thanks for the comments and observations.

Still available

I'm John.

On the off chance that someone might be interested in these superb speakers but is put off by the prospect and cost of travelling to Ipswich to collect them, I thought it might be worth mentioning that I will be travelling to Chester on Tuesday (22 Nov).

I will therefore be travelling through the eastern counties and the midlands on my way to the north west and would be happy to meet or drop them off personally if anyone would like to have them....?

I'm John.

Bump

A very nice treat for Christmas perhaps...

I'm John.

Bump

I'm John.

A couple of enquiries and questions but no firm commitment to buy thus far.

In respect of the enquiries I've received:-

I have been driving these speakers with a 'tannoy version' Croft 7R (25-30 watts I believe) which is at the lower end of the manufacturer's recommended 20-120 watts power requirement. They have performed really well. I do not know whether further sound quality improvements would be forthcoming if they were driven by a higher powered amplifier, however, according to the reviews I attached it is 'quality watts' that are most important.

In my room I have had to site them very close to a rear wall (4-6 inches) slightly overhanging a 2 metre wide recess which is 1 metre deep which contains French doors leading to my garden. I have not had any problems with the rear port when used in this position although in the attached reviews, one reviewer thought they sounded best around 40 inches from the rear wall the other recommended they be placed at least one foot from the rear wall.

Finally, although they are a similar height to the Kudos C2's I previously owned, the sloping front baffle means they are barely 4 inches deep at the top and when located in my room they looked noticeably smaller and more compact. Hell....even my wife likes the look of them and she hates my hi-fi with a vengeance!

I'm John.

Still here...

Still prepared to deliver or meet up to 150 miles.....?

I'm chris.

Can't understand these not selling but it's strange at times ...... I'm pleased to say that sale of MAD did go through and buyer delighted with them, I'm not rubbing it in --- just sure that buyer of these will come along and be happy too !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast