+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Daman

I'm Daman.

Default Hello from Daman

Hello fellow members,

My hi-fi journey has come full circle, from details to just musical. I am currently enjoying the system synergy comprising of the following;

- Fisher X-101-B integrated amplifier
    - Conrad Johnson PV10A (used as phono stage)
    - Wharfedale Rosedale loudspeakers (equivalent to W70C model)
    - Thorens TD-321 turntable/SME3009R tonearm/ Shure M91ED with N91ED Hi-Track elliptical stylus (prefer the original to the JICO SAS N91ED)
    - Rega Planar 3 turntable/R200 tonearm/Technics EPC-270C cartridge with EPS-270SD conical stylus (prefer the conical over the EPS-270ED elliptical)
    - NAD C565BEE CD player

I look forward to share and learn form members of this forum.

Regards,
    Daman

I'm Martin.

Hi Daman

Some fascinating vintage gear that you have there, we don't see many Fisher valve amps in the UK. Several decades ago I passed up on buying some W series Wharfedales a couple of times because I didn't realise the potential. They were vintage even back then! Some pictures would be good if you have any to share.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Daman. Welcome to AOS.

That's an unusual selection of equipment you have there. I'd imagine it makes some enjoyable sounds.

Take a look around the site and feel free to join in any chat that appeals to you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Daman.

Thanks guys. I have attached selected photos of my system.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Daman.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Hi Daman

Some fascinating vintage gear that you have there, we don't see many Fisher valve amps in the UK. Several decades ago I passed up on buying some W series Wharfedales a couple of times because I didn't realise the potential. They were vintage even back then! Some pictures would be good if you have any to share.
    Macca,

I had been listening to Magneplanars since the 90s (SMGb and MG 1.4 models). About four years ago, I was at a repair shop and this guy set-up a system for me comprising of Musical Fidelity tube integrated (an E11 if I am not mistaken) and a pair of Janszen Z960 loudspeakers. The sound was amazingly musical to me especially at low level. He also replaced the loudspeakers with a pair of JBL Studio Master L200B, and the reproduction equals and better the Janszens by not much. Given a choice then, I would have taken either one.

Last year, I purchased a pair of Wharfedale Rosedales which was designed and manufacture at about the same time as the Janszens and JBLs. I would guessed the design and manufacture would have taken place during the end of the tube and beginning of solid state era. I thought these speakers would be best driven by tubes.

By the way I have another Fisher integrated amplifier, i.e., Fisher X-100-A. Both Fishers (X-101-B and Z-100-A) is a perfect match for the Wharfedale Rosedales. The current set-up was less than a year old and am enjoying every minute of it. And lately, I am enjoying elliptical and conical styli even more hence the elliptical Shure N91ED and Technics EPS 270-SD. Have been using line contact (MR, JICO SAS, Geiger II, etc) and they are all in the drawers now. This new set-up makes me enjoy my vinyl even more (from old to new).

The accelerating age and the yearning of the sound I grew up with could have contributed to this enjoyment. I have come full circle!

Regards,
    Daman

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Daman.

Yes some very interesting 'vintage' gear you use there. I heard your Wharfedales some forty five years ago whilst I was looking at tape decks. Never heard a Fisher, but I had a friend whose uncle use a Fisher receiver. They were always well-regarded.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Daman.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Welcome to AoS Daman.

Yes some very interesting 'vintage' gear you use there. I heard your Wharfedales some forty five years ago whilst I was looking at tape decks. Never heard a Fisher, but I had a friend whose uncle use a Fisher receiver. They were always well-regarded.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry,

Thanks for your response. I listened to both vintage elliptical (Shure M91ED with N91ED) and conical (Technics EPC 270C with EPS-270SD) for old records. I normally switch to N91ED JICO SAS and Shure V15vXMR (with JICO stylus) for critical listening. I am spoilt by the Fisher sound. Tried other tube amplifiers but kept returning to Fisher. When I got the Wharfedales, the local original local dealer matched it with Leak 20 amplifier as recommended. I think that was perfect as the Wharfedales worked fine with amplifier power rating of 30 watts and less. The Fishers fit the bill.

Happy listening.

+ Reply to Thread