+ Reply to Thread

Thread: there is hope

I'm Nodrog.

Default there is hope

Sunday mornings is coffee, croissants and music.

I've just been listening to I Musici 6th Brandenburg and James Rhodes Busoni/Bach Chaconne in D minor.

The fact that there are/have been people who can write and play such music, gives me hope that mankind may have something worthwhile to offer in this Trump/Farage world after all.

Probably a lost cause now but I can live in hope.

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    there is hope
    I envy you your optimism.

Personally, I think we're all f*cked now.

I'm Grant.

The world and mankind has got past bigger human disasters than those 2. How many politicians actually go though with their manifestos anyway? Not feckin many. Youd be surprised how little power a pres has overall ever with both houses. The Yanks dont suffer f..... no skip that bit
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Funnily, or perhaps oddly, the chances of any president not having an attempt on his life is very small... with lb johnston being the only. Quite a few have succeeded too. He has many enemies already so dont fancy his chances tbh

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-c...come-president

Sadly its not a new thing in usa.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Nothing wrong with the odd well placed assassination. The trouble is getting away with it! (as those who tried to bump Hitler off found )
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Guess he has old age related problems too. I see dementia is now the biggest killer in uk. Hes over 70 so may well be medically nuts lol. Also at 270 odd pounds, his heart must be struggling a bit. All that stress, and ducking every time a car backfires, could get to him.
    Sure plenty will avoid his businesses too, .... you wonder why he bothered? Must have been ego i guess
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Probably thinks his surname is Kennedy (Yeah I know it's the wrong party) and he's founding a political dynasty instead of a 3rd rate soap opera..
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

+ Reply to Thread