+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oversized CD??

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff101 View Post
    It is a bit. Some of it is quite jazzy, other songs are a bit more like 'Chasing Pirates' in style.
    If you like her, it's worth checking out her other collaborative ventures: Little Willies, Puss n Boots, and various duets.
    The Ray Charles tribute album she features on a few times with Willie Nelson is a good listen (Here We Go Again).
    I'm not such a fan of the Everly Brothers one she did with Billy Joe Armstrong but that's mostly because you can barely hear her for most of it.

Anyway, I've sealed it and Amazon have just offered me a partial refund so fingers crossed it will be ok.

One annoyance for us Hifi types though is that it seems to have been mastered with a rather warm and fuzzy balance to the sound - mid bass seems rather accentuated and Norah's voice is not as crystal clear as on the early albums. Odd because her previous recordings were (I thought) excellent quality.
    Ive a couple of her cd albums, and both sound good. I like her laid back style, and its a rich, relaxing voice. Not heard this one yet, and think I will await a new batch and a cheaper price lol.
    as Geoff says a little lacquer in lid and popped on with a bud or the like quickly will seal it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by danilo View Post
    Have that Snorah Jones CD
    Borring muzak to my ears TBH.
    Ha. Two comments today I agree with danilo.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Ha. Two comments today I agree with danilo.
    That doesnt surprise me Geoff. I wouldnt expect you to like her stuff Strange that I like female vocalists, as when younger I didnt. but as the title says, Zeppelin to Sinatra, shows a trend in my tastes over the years have changed....although the Zep was never really far away, and never will be.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I do like female artists though Grant. Christine Collister. Natalie Merchant. Kate Bush (of course). Joni Mitchell. June Tabor. Patti Smith (brilliant!) and so many more.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I do like female artists though Grant. Christine Collister. Natalie Merchant. Kate Bush (of course). Joni Mitchell. June Tabor. Patti Smith (brilliant!) and so many more.
    Sorry, I didnt mean you didnt, just not her style, if you know what I mean.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Sorry, I didnt mean you didnt, just not her style, if you know what I mean.
    Yeah. No probs Grant. I figured what you meant.

I'm Neil.

Bad batch, no doubt.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12