+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do these 2 sources sound different to each other whilst playing exactly same CD?

I'm Geoff.

I'm just a bit baffled as to why you would be surprised that two different machines sound different when used as transports. That tends to be the norm in my experience.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'm just a bit baffled as to why you would be surprised that two different machines sound different when used as transports. That tends to be the norm in my experience.
    Thanks Geoff, I was beginning to doubt my own sanity there.

I'm charles.

Bumpy - Look, I'm not a technical person and have come on here to ask some technical and highly educated people why I'm hearing a difference - if you don't like my question, go and masticate on a house brick.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by 57charles View Post
    Bumpy - Look, I'm not a technical person and have come on here to ask some technical and highly educated people why I'm hearing a difference - if you don't like my question, go and masticate on a house brick.
    I think you need to learn some manners Charles. I'll back out of this now.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by 57charles View Post
    Yes. What's that response for? The replies you've had have been perfectly polite and reasonable.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Charles you need a calmer approach. Chris did not claim any technical expertise, nor did he offer any. Most of us here are not technical experts. You asked for opinions and received some. I see nothing to get yourself hot under the collar for.

I'm charles.

Walpurgis - thanks for your reply - it's just that I take issue with someone questioning me why I'm asking the question - I'm not technical and this approach is in my opinion, quite belittling - I didn't come on here to be talked down to, by such people nor will I put up with it - I'm normally a polite person but I won't put up with this clap trap - if this guy hasn't got anything to say constructively about my question then he should keep his trap shut.

I'm Chris.

Default Of course there will be differences

Whilst you have the same DAC same cable, there are many thousands of differences in the preceding integrated circuits in each transport delivering and processing digital, and this is what you are hearing.

The not so good, and could be better multiplex, strangely accepted by audiophiles called SPDIF , in this case having just enough ability - to reveal the differences
    http://audioworkshop.org/downloads/A...RFACEaes93.pdf
    http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...iesofspdif.htm

Cheers / Chris

I'm Geoff.

I think you may be overreacting Charles. I'm sure Chris intended no offence. We expect members to be able to respond in the expectation that they will not be pounced upon by others who may have expected something else. Nobody has said anything offensive to you.

Oh. And please don't suggest folks should 'keep their traps shut'. Posts from others on your thread do not have to address your question directly or in a technical way. It's a forum and we like the banter relaxed and friendly.

I'm Grant.

Yes, I would say you have misinterpreted a reply as hostile when it wasnt. It can be difficult when not face to face sometimes. We dont treat each other like that here, and we dont tell folk to shut their trap Charles. Please try and remember this and if you have a problem with a post, then report it and the mod team will look at it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast