+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MiBO 2016 Photos, Videos and Comments

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post

These sounded a lot better raised up here I think. They seemed to gain more snap, focus and speed, with better bass definition. They sounded really good, in fact, better than the video hints at I suspect but all I have to listen to it on at the mo is TV speakers.

As Martin hinted earlier, these 57's shut down a couple of amps, the only one able to do the job seemed to be the Apart Champ, which was clipping trying to drive them loud. A real Scintilla of an ESL 57! Quite what was going on I really don't know.

The modified Rega displayed zero obvious flaws of any kind. I was really impressed with it, to say the least. Top job.

Had to cut the video short by a minute as Marco made an appearance and from his remarks I think Hollywood style stardom is not for him

YouTube is throwing a wobbler and won't show the JBL video I uploaded. When I try and upload it again, it says it's already there (but I can't see it). Maybe in time it'll sort itself out.

Great review comments from Martin, BTW.
    Sounded like 2 different records playing at once
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Sounded like 2 different records playing at once
    You probably played the video twice out of sync with each other. I've had that happen when you click to play in the forum window and then click the YouTube link afterwards to watch it full screen.

I'm Steve.

Just got home and reflecting on yesterday's events.fantastic day Martin. You must be well chuffed. Great kit and great people. A massive thank you to Martin for organising and choosing an ideal gaff for the day. I will post pictures later after an emergency kip.

I'm Alan.

Default MiBO aftermath

What a stunning weekend, we have had a laugh and it has been fantastic to meet fellow AoS folk.
    Here is the 'after' photo once the kit has returned:

I'll be hanging the '57s later and will post in the gallery.

Here's to the next MiBO

I'm Justin.

I'll back up the ceramic cartridge in the Thorens sounding very good indeed. Seemed to track extremely well too.

The Thorens TD 160 was in mint condition. What a find for the owner. The chap he bought it off never used it, unable to come to terms with transit screws, it appears. Great sounding deck with some mods by the owner.

The price of Firebottle's kit varies depending on what you say to him. My prices went up and up as the day went on

I'm James.

The first MiBO was indeed an excellent day not least for the great atmosphere, which was almost like an AOS party, certainly towards the end of the day when there was a little dancing If I remember! The spirit of NEBO was bought to the Midlands not least by the chaps who travelled a good distance from up North!

Thanks Martin for organising the event, it was as good as any I have attended and perfect venue. Great to meet new faces from the AOS family and reacquaint with the usual suspects!

As always the systems and equipment were fascinating to listen too and threw up a few surprises. I am sure others will make a detailed appraised of stuff shown however one highlight which I think blew us all away was Ali's system playing Yello the Race at full pelt and an interesting comparison of phono stages, the Project SS and Firebottle Vivant Valve. Each gave a different performance of the track and both were compelling! Wonderful climax to the day for me!

The fun atmosphere of the day and good nature of the folks who attended made for a great event which I was sad to leave.
    God knows what happened after when the remainers settled in for the night!
    Last edited by Jimbo; 07-11-2016 at 07:31. Reason: Spelling
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Grant.

Great that everyone went to so much trouble hauling gear there. Especially those from afar.... andcwell done to Martin for keeping calm ish under pressure .
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nial.

"this video contains content from SME, who have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"
    WTF?
    Is that Wales only?
    Marco can you see it ????

I'm Justin.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by ff1d1l View Post
    "this video contains content from SME, who have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"
    WTF?
    Is that Wales only?
    Marco can you see it ????
    It's the YouTube copyright checker recognising the music content and blocking it due to copyright issues. It blocks some stuff and lets other stuff through.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast