+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New integrated amp

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Since this is a general amp discussion and as Marco says I can as long as it's not trolling a single-make discussion, I'd like to briefly put a shout in for the NVA AP50 or even AP70, which with their phono stage will fit your budget. Maybe someone up north owning similar would be willing to do you an open house so you could listen to something if you weren't prepared to stump up the readies on a sale-or-return basis?

The Rega amps need an hour or so to fully come on song, so hope the dealer doesn't just pull it off the shelf stone-cold.

Moon? How easy would it be to sell on later? I blame some of the mags for this, that only have a very few thousand circulation (HFW is reportedly down to a couple of thousand now and HFN around triple this worldwide). They rave about all sorts of little known crap and this stuff ends up very quickly on the used market for a fraction of its selling price in my experience.
    David, I will not be stumping my readies for anything unheard which includes the NVA. Personally I have not bought a Hifi magazine in years, went from buying 3 or 4 regularly to none so no idea what is flavour of the month although from the website it's clear What Hifi are keen on Rega.
    I am listening to The Simaudio Moon amp because that's the only other amp they do in the price range apart from Naim.

I'm Dave.

You don't appear to be offered much of a selection.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    You don't appear to be offered much of a selection.
    Loud and Clear, stock, Naim, Linn, Rega and Simaudio, the two I have mentioned plus the phono stages. were their suggestions.

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Not completely Nick, but I need to go through to Edinburgh to hear the Exposure, so trying the Glasgow stores first - I miqght be happy with the Rega or the Moon
    Ok Robin. I'd strongly suggest you do so, I'm besotted with Exposure amps, so much so that I sold the one I had, IDIOT 😔

I'd really started to miss it the last few weeks as it was the realisation that it had provided me with immense listening pleasure, it just did everything more right than anything I'd previously had. Bought another one last Friday. Bear in mind, I'm talking here about the Malaysian built 1010 integrated budget job 😄 That'll do nicely, can only imagine how good the 2010/3010 series are 😲

I'm Robin.

Well today was another demo day in Glasgow, we listened to my Copland csa8, Rega Elicit and the Simaudio Moon 250 all using the Rega Aria phono stage. Both the Rega and the Moon improved on my amp and to be honest I liked the presentation of the two amps the moon being slightly more forward in presentation to my ears.
    I could happily live with either, the Moon probably has a couplie of extra features over the Rega. Towards the end we were discussing my future plans, streaming, nas, etc.
    the dealer suggested that the Moon neo ace might be worth considering, which has lots of built in features in an all in one box.
    The Neo ace does have a mm phono stage included but I listened to the vinyl via the Rega Aria and then streaming from the in house NAS, both of which sounded good. Bit of a curve ball at the end of the day but the Moon Nea ace, Rega Aria and a NAS combination would tick a lot of boxes for me although I have blown the budget again.

I'm Robin.

Finally made a decision and decided on the Primare i32 and r32 phono stage, which arrived on Thursday. Sounding great with turntable just have to work out why the drawer on Marantz dr6000 cd recorder keeps opening or it might be a replacement CD player required.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123