+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New integrated amp

I'm Robin.

Default New integrated amp

Just to move away from previous post on the Yamaha, after a listening session yesterday with the Primare i32 and r32 phone stage which I enjoyed although over budget, just received an email with an offer on Exposure 3010 integrated with a MC phono stage included which is much closer to budget but would a round trip of 200 miles to audition. Really need to make a decision on this.

I'm Geoff.

I hate long drives, but 200 miles to pick up a piece of equipment is not so bad. I've done it a couple of times (London to near Bristol last time). I reckon there's likely to be less traffic where you are, so maybe not too much of an ordeal.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Could be a nice day out Robin. Start early and enjoy trip. Have lunch enjoy music relaxed, and decide if its wortth the price to you.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I hate long drives, but 200 miles to pick up a piece of equipment is not so bad. I've done it a couple of times (London to near Bristol last time). I reckon there's likely to be less traffic where you are, so maybe not too much of an ordeal.
    Nice quiet piece of road the M8 Geoff, probably more about the fact that it's a nightmare to park in Edinburgh

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Could be a nice day out Robin. Start early and enjoy trip. Have lunch enjoy music relaxed, and decide if its wortth the price to you.
    Sounds like a plan Grant

Bigman80 Guest

Take the train. Always a better journey unless there is disruption.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Take the train. Always a better journey unless there is disruption.

Then there is option of wine with lunch

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Then there is option of wine with lunch
    Yes indeed. No traffic either.

I'm Robin.

Might just stay with the Scandinavian influence and replace the Copland csa8 with the primare i32 and the r 32 phono stage and sod the budget

I'm Martin.

rmcin626
    Might just stay with the Scandinavian influence and replace the Copland csa8 with the primare i32 and the r 32 phono stage and sod the budget
    I've bought a Pre32 and a r32 this year. The system has never sounded as good. The r32 was a big step up from the little Rothwell stage I had before, and the Pre32 is miles better than the Tag Mclaren PA20R that it replaced.
    Budgets are never good, anyway ! I remember from my childhood how once a year children's programmes were cancelled to be replaced with a boring old fart talking about stuff that wasn't even interesting. I thought maybe he was going to do a programme on little coloured australian birds, but no such luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast