Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
Have you not been tempted to go active with a digital crossover? You seem to have paid a lot of attention to detail with this set up so I guess you considered it.

Very impressive set up btw
Interesting question Macca.

In the past I have played a lot with digital crossovers and bi-amping of subs with main speakers etc. I mainly used the TACT 2.2X pre-amp for this purpose with an EAR 861 power amp driving the main speakers and a Class A Sugden A21 driving the subs. The system sounded beautiful, but I found myself being slowly dragged into becoming a reluctant programmer rather than just enjoying the music. What compounded this problem ten fold, was that I was a founder user of computer based music using Phasure XXHighend software. Anyone that has tried that will know its a nightmare to get right.

Fed up with all that fiddling of controls I lost interest in Hi-Fi for a couple of years, until I heard the system in Slawa's house and fell in love with music all over again. for me the essence of what I am doing is KISS (keep it simple stupid). Fewer components higher quality.