+ Reply to Thread

Thread: However You Want It

I'm Nobody.

Default However You Want It

Does the way you listern to music govern your format preference?

This is yours truly as an avid headphone user..When i used to be seriously into Vinyl i never used to use headphones as i found i couldnt get sprawled out with headphone before the side finished..Now i primarily use CD & more so FLAC files, i find i can relax to music more without getting off my arse as much, i find i can see further into a recording thru cans anyway!..Anyone feel the same?

My reasons for switching to digital are many but thats for another topic.
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 08-12-2009 at 01:51.

I'm David.

For sure, im a lazy fecker so I prefer to get my self comfy and not have to move once I start listening!
    I find hav different listening habbits depending on mood, sometime I like to sit and listen to whole albums, but at times I like making playlists for my self! Playlist mood def requires flac
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Nobody.

Great thing about Files is you can listern to a triple album all in one go..

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Yet to go lossless, so I mainly play CDs, although I use Spotify a fair bit on 320kbps through 'phones - I would love to listen via decent cans more, as I agree you get a different insight (not sure it is better or worse, though?) but generally I need to be able to hear ambient noise (telephones/wife/little 'un/colleagues etc.) so it is usually speakers at home, low volume at night -cranked up when I'm alone!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    i find i can see further into a recording thru cans anyway!..Anyone feel the same?
    Yes, definitely. At a stroke you're getting rid of the room/speaker interaction. Music played through my Ergos (updated version of Jecklin Floats) just has to be heard to be believed. The only problem with them is that you have to sit fairly still.

However, back on topic "Does the way you listen to music govern your format preference?" Only when I'm out and about or on holiday. Then it's portable DAT all the way.

P.s. I don't wear the Ergos when out walking as I'm scared of getting zapped by agents from the Torchwood Organisation (actually, truth be told I haven't got a long enough mains lead!)
    Last edited by Kris; 08-12-2009 at 14:08.

+ Reply to Thread