John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Dan.

Very musical little things as most royds are if the price is right go for them. no where near the 66's but very good watch out for gummed up bass drivers as they do suffer with this problem.

a 5* from me.....
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Andy.

Entertaining but limited IMO. Limited scale and image height. Bass can be a bit "one note" too. Personally I think Edens, Sapphires and Sintras are all better. Minstrels are perhaps a bit more forgiving but also less revealing.

I'm Deleted.

Default Royd Minstrel speakers

I didn't like them at all and much preferred the other Royd models 3/10. I presume those who rate them listen at low levels because they won't take any power.
    Account Deleted

I'm matt.

I had a pair here that had gummed up drivers. After de-gumming them I thought they were ok but a bit of a one trick pony. Even though the voice coil former was completely free of the pole piece, something obviously changed because they came to life and sounded completely different and were much more balanced after a period of time (treble Is a db or two hot though).

For anyone who has a pair. Remove the midbass driver and check to make sure the soft rubber (It's not actually rubber but feels more like raw jelly) is sitting between the centre of the magnet and the back of the speaker cabinet. If a previous owner had ever removed a driver, whilst the speaker was in the upright position, the rubber disc could fall down to the bottom of the cabinet and you wouldn't know it was ever there.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    your opinions gentlemen please
    The well known phrase involving 'not touching' and 'barge pole' springs to my mind, personally, but some people appear to like them!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread