+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: streaming set up advice

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Foobar is spot on.
    Add the ASIO & WASAPI driver plugins, and see if your device is shows up with either in the output options.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

Used foobar wasapi and a usb dac for years, and can still stream it upstairs using this. Easy and plenty cheapish usb dacs available. Foobar with the bubble upnp app and pluging will send it to your tablet etc as well.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gerald.

cheers for the player side of things any opinions about the cabling set up

Gerry

I'm Grant.

Depends what you get, but usually, like mine you need a usb A to B cable .. some say it doesnt matter what you use as its all 1's and 0's, but a half decent one can be had for not too much so no harm. then with most you need a set of rca cabled to amp. again it depends how close you can get the pc to the stereo. The rpi needs are dependant on how you store the music and such. but an ethernet unless your going wireless, rca's again unless your going out to a dac, and I use a usb to a self powered hdd which works just fine with me and sounds great. rpi 2b and audiophonics dac in a wooden box(can be seen in the header of this site actually)
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Might add, if you have an android tablet then you could buy a chromecast audio2, and wirelessly stream it from foobar to your tablet and then tablet to chromecast which is connected to amp. ou get redbook quality and no wires
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Here's what's coming to Gerry ...

(In silver not in black, though)

Plug the USB from the computer into the USB input on the left.
    Plug the digital cable going to the DAC into the RCA or TOSLINK socket depending on which you want to use.

btw - the headphone output socket at the other end is surprisingly good!

For SPDIF coax cables go to Mark Grant.
    https://markgrant.co.uk/digital-cabl...gth-1_5_metres
    You're better off getting 1.5m length - it's to minimise signal reflections in the cable.
    Chris

I'm gerald.

so windows laptop or macbook pro as source ?

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    so windows laptop or macbook pro as source ?
    I'd like to see you trying to run Foobar on a Mac
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foobar2000
    Chris

I'm gerald.

1. Install Wine.app and WineBottler.app
    2. Open Wine.app and update it
    3. When Wine.app is is updated, a MenuBar icon should be installed in the upper right corner of your screen (icon surrounded by red in the screenshot below)
    4. Click on the Wine.app MenuBar icon and click on Winetricks
    5. Wait for it to do its thing
    6. Download Foobar2000 onto your Mac
    7. Click on the Wine.app MenuBar icon again and click on Control Panel
    8. Double-click on Add/Remove Programs and press Install
    9. Search the Z: drive for the Foobar2000 installation .exe file (make sure you search for Program files of .exe extensions instead of the default Installation Programs)
    10. Run through the Foobar2000 installation process
    11. Go to Finder.app and navigate to where the Wine.app files are stored on your hard drive (in my case it's under Mac OS X/Users/Michael/Wine Files)
    12. Go through the folders: drive_c/Program Files/foobar2000 and create an alias of foobar2000.exe to create a shortcut to the program
    13. Place the foobar2000.exe.alias shortcut anywhere on your hard drive for convenience (I put mine in the Applications folder)
    14. Double-click on the alias to open the foobar2000 app!
    I am just asking for advice between a laptop running windows or a macbook pro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast