+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings from Suffolk

I'm John.

Smile Greetings from Suffolk

Hi everyone,

My name is John and I live in Suffolk in the UK. (I feel like I've just taken the first step at an AA meeting)

I've lurked for a while as is the norm I suspect.

Musical tastes are quite varied but I do have a thing for the female voice and acoustic material. Also an 80's child.

Vinyl is quite new to me as I've been using a PC based system with DAC and active monitors for a long time for nearfield listening.

PC system runs lossless files through a Cambridge Audio StreamMagic 6 v2 to a pair of Adam A7's.

Had the A7's for about 6 years and absolutely love them as they never get fatiguing to my ears.

Vinyl system is a Project Debut Carbon Esperit SB (what a mouth full) running through a Technolink TC 753LC phone stage to a set of Adam Artist 6 floorstanders.

I've been running this for about 3 months now and I definitely prefer the sound of vinyl even through this low end set up.

I'm on the look out for a decent phono stage upgrade but not sure what will work with the active Adams. I'll post in the correct forum to ask that question.

I seem to have developed an addiction to buying albums and my postman has suggested i fit a wider letterbox in my front door.

I'm Geoff.

Hello John. Welcome to AOS.

You made me laugh with your 'AA meeting' comment. You could be closer to the mark than you think.

Have a look around the site. I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you.

Feel free to join in any chat that appeals to you. The members are a friendly lot.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Hi John. Welcome to AA - we don't have a 12 step program, although we probably should.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm John.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm Loz.

Hi John

Welcome to AoS. Not many Adam addicts, sorry, owners to be found on AoS or anywhere else for that matter. However they are well regarded by some members here just not widely known about I suspect.
    I'm sure you'll find some answers to your questions here. Friendly folks with a wealth of knowledge.

By the way do you hook up the Artist 6 speakers via the output on your Technolink?

Cheers

Loz

I'm John.

Hi Geoff,

Yes, the Adams are hooked up directly to the phono output on the Technolink. This give me a volume control as well as the phono stage. Probably not the best way to do it but it works quite well for now.

I was surprised at how good it sounds for the cost but I would love to get a valve phone stage in the line.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Adam,

Sorry, I haven't heard of Adam speakers either - but would be interested to learn more.

Have the same problem with postmen and packages of vinyl as you do. Often have to arrange a redelivery.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Hi from another Suffolk refugee.

Both Adam speakers will be designed from the outset to be explicit in their reproduction and not add any false warmth or 'colour.' You do seem hell bent on adding extra colour by valves and vinyl... I think you should be upgrading your digits first as its so easy to bleach out the sound from domestic digital sources. Maybe you should be asking in pro audio shops that know the Adams and how clear they can be. Just my vibes, but when ATC were top of the tree (not sure they are any more, twenty years on), I started going to live music at local pubs to get a better idea of 'audio reality' and this helped a lot in future system configurations on all sources, especially now when money is non-existent.

I'm Rich.

Speedyj....

Like the excellent techno producer of the same moniker?

Loved his early albums on the warp label.

Hello and belated welcome.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

+ Reply to Thread