+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannoy System 800 Speakers

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default Tannoy System 800 Speakers

Well I never thought I would ever sell these lovely speakers but I need the cash at the moment for a new project (not hifi related!)

They are in good condition but are not perfect cosmetic wise.... however the drivers are in absolutely perfect condition and they sound fantastic. They have consecutive serial numbers which is unusual for System 800's

I would llike £375 for these superb speakers

As these are quite heavy they are for pick-up only from Portsmouth PO2

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

Look to be in decent nick Bev. A very good speaker these. One of Tannoy's best efforts in the small stakes. probably their best actually.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Look to be in decent nick Bev. A very good speaker these. One of Tannoy's best efforts in the small stakes. probably their best actually.
    Yes Grant they are in pretty good nick, not perfect, but the drivers are all superb and they do sound so good

I didn't think I would ever sell these but needs must
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

I've had several pairs of those. Lovely sounding speakers. Amazing imaging.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Yes Geoff they really do sound very good indeed..

Also on the 'bay' at a higher price, of course...
    Bev

I'm matt.

Loved my old system 10s, these Tannoy studio monitors definitely have some magic in them. Everyone should try a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmarley View Post
    Loved my old system 10s, these Tannoy studio monitors definitely have some magic in them. Everyone should try a pair.
    Matt I had a pair of the very large System 12/15's (I can't remember exactly which ones they were!) but to be honest I did not get on with them at all.... I find the smaller 800's much better sounding... just my 2p worth though..
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I find the smaller 800's much better sounding
    I had the more expensive System 1000 and preferred the balance of the 800. The 1000 also had some 'plastic cone colouration', which does not afflict the 800.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I had the more expensive System 1000 and preferred the balance of the 800. The 1000 also had some 'plastic cone colouration', which does not afflict the 800.
    I have not heard the 1000's Geoff but certainly the 800's do sound very good indeed..
    Bev

These are very sensitive speakers at 92dB

I have used them with a valve amplifier of just 10w and that is more than enough to drive them. So they are very easy to drive. Tannoy quote an amplifier upto 180w rms
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast