+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Westworld

I'm matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I know it's off-topic, but since it was being discussed here before.....

WOW - fuck me, that was intense [and rather graphic]...!!

Who else watched it? It's probably one of the most powerful pieces of television I've seen for a long time!

Marco.
    I actually found It quite difficult to watch. Without giving anything away, If I was put in that position, everyone would be dead.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

It was indeed difficult to watch... Gratuitously violent, no doubt, but compelling with it

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Neil.

Watched, and I hope Negan's eventual death is horrific. It was awful, but it could have been worse.
    Regards Neil

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Watched, and I hope Negan's eventual death is horrific.
    I hope that Rick truly gets evil on his ass! I know what I'd do with him, and it involves Maggie, a red-hot poker and a nail gun.....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I hope that Rick truly gets evil on his ass! I know what I'd do with him, and it involves Maggie and a red-hot poker.....

Marco.
    I am sure he will, but maybe not, that series writers are devious.
    Regards Neil

I'm matt.

Westworld's starting to get a bit more interesting.

How come Anthony Hopkins can freeze the hosts with just a gesture of his hands? Do you think he Is a robot?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmarley View Post
    Westworld's starting to get a bit more interesting.

How come Anthony Hopkins can freeze the hosts with just a gesture of his hands? Do you think he Is a robot?
    No, I think he is the individual around whom all of West World revolves and has installed program controls that go further/deeper than anything anyone else can do. Its certainly plot within plot within plot, and I like that. I am also enjoying the robots gaining awareness of themselves, particularly Maeve Millay. I liked Thandie Newton in Chronicles of Riddick and as Maeve she is very interesting as a character.
    Regards Neil

I'm matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    has installed program controls that go further/deeper than anything anyone else can do.
    Apart from one person, or maybe a clone of that person?

I like all the plots and sub plots too. I hate anything that's too predictable.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yep, and seeing Thandie naked isn't the worst thing in the world either. :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Yep, and seeing Thandie naked isn't the worst thing in the world either. :-)
    Mmmmm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast