+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Value of Goodmans LS3/5as

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Martyn.

Default Value of Goodmans LS3/5as

With the wildly differing prices of the various makes of LS3/5as, what would Forum members think a pair of the Goodmans model are worth ?

I'm Steve.

Have you found a pair? If so how much? First the bad news. .... I am not sure they would sell for the same money if they had the name Rodgers on them . Good news? If you want them for keeps you have a speaker that should sound exactly like or very close to a pair of Rodgers ls35a so. As to there value. ....I guess ( and it is only a guess ! ) about three quarters of the price of a pair of Rodgers.
    Cheers steve

I'm Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Henry Jones View Post
    Have you found a pair? If so how much? First the bad news. .... I am not sure they would sell for the same money if they had the name Rodgers on them . Good news? If you want them for keeps you have a speaker that should sound exactly like or very close to a pair of Rodgers ls35a so. As to there value. ....I guess ( and it is only a guess ! ) about three quarters of the price of a pair of Rodgers.
    Cheers steve
    Hi Steve.

Yes, I found a pair and paid £675 delivered.
    As I have owned various LS3/5as, including a Falcon Acoustics kit, I know '3/5as very well.

To go off on a tangent for a moment, I bought a pair of Far East built 11 ohm LS3/5as which I tweaked.
    An eBay buyer in Spain bought them.
    He later told me he had about €1,400 to spend on a pair of original Rogers 15 ohm '3/5as and did I
    know of a pair for sale off eBay.
    I told him I had a pair of Goodmans 15 ohm models and I would consider selling them if the price was
    right.
    I sold them for £1,150.

+ Reply to Thread