+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Static Cleaning Cloths - What do you use to dust your kit ?

I'm Robert.

Default Anti-Static Cleaning Cloths - What do you use to dust your kit ?

What do you guys n girls use to wipe the dust from your kit ? - amp, deck, rack etc. Not looking to remove grease just a soft anti static type cloth for wiping off dust.

I'm Kevin.

Not my clothes.

I use a "swifter" dusting device. A plastic handle with a disposable dusting thing on the end of it.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Geoff.

Funny this topic should start. I've just been dusting down my shelves and equipment.

Cheap Baby Wipes are good for racks and shelves, as they retain the dust rather than spread it around. Window wipes are good for the equipment, as they don't smear. Inaccessible areas, I do with a small paint brush and air duster aerosol.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Robert.

Not after anything wet Geoff. Something like this maybe ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-Large-An...3D380748411838

I'm Grant.

Yup i use a duster If its really dusty a wet wipe or a slightly damp sponge first then duster. No point in just moving it about if there is a lot of it. But i dont do it as much as i should. Tt gets special attention, being careful not to damage stylus. Lifting the arm out of the way etc. When i had others in house they were banned from dusting it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

I'm sure some anti-static dusting cloths lift the dust off a bit more than pushing it around...

I'm Geoff.

Where the hell does all the dust come from? My 'den' is kept closed and I'm the only one using it, but the dust still accumulates pretty rapidly. Strange.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Where the hell does all the dust come from? My 'den' is kept closed and I'm the only one using it, but the dust still accumulates pretty rapidly. Strange.
    You dont really wanna know Geoff. Apparently as well as very tiny particles from your clothes etc there's a degree of dead skin that makes up dust too - I said you really dont wanna know

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    I'm sure some anti-static dusting cloths lift the dust off a bit more than pushing it around...
    Being acrylic, I've no doubt they will carry some static and attract dust to a degree, but are they any different to similar looking acrylic microfibre items sold by the pack in pound shops? Of course they'll need shaking out (outside) or washing.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Being acrylic, I've no doubt they will carry some static and attract dust to a degree, but are they any different to similar looking acrylic microfibre items sold by the pack in pound shops? Of course they'll need shaking out (outside) or washing.
    Good point, i've wondered myself but dont know to be honest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast