+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay: Complete Audiolab System

I'm Dave.

Keep an eye on it. You could flog your Audiolab gear to help fund the purchase of that lot.

General Q on Audiolab pricing for those in the know then... I have a mix of "old" and "new" (or original and Chinese) stuff aquired over the last couple of years.

What are the Chinese made 8000M's worth - even with a slight/quiet transformer hum that would cost £80 each to repair apparently ?

The 8000P (UK made) will be redundent once I pick up the Rotel RB-985 I bought for AV duties this weekend.

And once Stan builds a phono stage/pream into my Caiman, the 8000C will also be surplus.

Sorry to digress

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

What's wrong with a Q then?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Nothing wrong with the Q I am sure - not that I have given serious consideration to swapping for one. The C will go simply because I only expect to have two sources - the Caiman as a front to all the digital inputs and the Project Debut turntable.

Also, and this may seem "sad" but I also have a Numark USB mixer thing that I bought cheap with an intent to use for ripping vinyl, but I may well use it as a non-audiophile preamp for parties / BBQs etc when I (or others) want to play.

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy View Post
    The 8000P (UK made) will be redundent once I pick up the Rotel RB-985 I bought for AV duties this weekend.
    An 8000p has gotta be worth around £200+ I'd say. I'd be interested myself, depends on the timing of the sale/whether I have any spare moolah.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

:-) Thanks. Not sure yet what I want to do with all this hardware. Once the Rotel is in place fronting the Denon I will make a decision as to how it all gels together before saying the P is surplus to requirements.

I'm ChrisB.

Peter, you're looking through the telescope from the wrong end!
    Hi-fi gear is never surplus to requirements - it's just the begining (or part of the evolution) of another system - simple really!

Feel free to buy me the bigger house to put "the next" system in ;-)

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Not sure where to put this, but just thought I'd post it in case anyone's interested:

Audiolab System
    20hrs to go & only £720.00 on it. If the seller lets that go for less than £800 he wants his chain yanking..

I see the final selling price was £1,340.00

The buyer will still make a profit by box-splitting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12