+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The VIVANT is here - super linear MC/MM phono stage

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    I suspect I will beat you to a listen, I'll need the headphones to really hear it properly but I'll take mine so I know the sound. I'm seeing Alan and Shirley on Thursday.

Take cash, that way the chequebook can stay at home
    Gordon, I will be interested in what you think of it.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Nodrog.

Change of plan, sadly. Had a small health problem so will now be going next week - hopefully.

So you will be the first!!

I'm Kevin.

Gordon,

I hope you are feeling better now. You are in for a treat.
    I really liked the Vivant. A quick summary of the day below, tomorrow I will add some pictures as I have just walked back to the house after leaving early this morning.

It was a day of playing with MC cartridges, so I took my T/T with my Hana SL and AT 33PTG/II. The Hana sounded great, but the AT just pipped it for me. We started off with my KIN, playing through Alan's AIR into his suspended quad ESL57s.
    This sounded great. We swapped in the Vivant, and to be honest I was not expecting a big change, but I was impressed with the difference between the two.

Not being content with that, the Firebottle mono blocks were substituted in to the system. Again, not expecting a massive difference I was pleasantly surprised with the music coming out of a pair of ESL57s hanging from the roof beams.

Absolutely stunning.

Whilst I was there, Mr Firebottle got out his bag of pixie dust, and spread some over my KIN, increasing the performance of the phono stage, and all with no charge.

I could have sat there all weekend listening to the system, but reality was calling, and I needed to head back home.
    A mere round trip of 720km (450 miles) today, and thoroughly worth it.
    Kevin

I'm Kevin.

Gordon,

I hope you are feeling better now. You are in for a treat.
    I really liked the Vivant.

A quick summary of the day below, tomorrow I will add some pictures as I have just walked back to the house after leaving eearly this morning.

It was a day of playing with MC cartridges, so I took my T/T with my Hana SL and AT 33PTG/II. The Hana sounded great, but the AT just pipped it for me. We started off with my KIN, playing through Alan's AIR into his suspended quad ESL57s.
    This sounded great. We swapped in the Vivant, and to be honest I was not expecting a big change, but I was impressed with the difference between the two.

Not being content with that, the Firebottle mono blocks were substituted in to the system. Again, not expecting a massive difference I was pleasantly surprised with the music coming out of a pair of ESL57s hanging from the roof beams.

Absolutely stunning.

Whilst I was there, Mr Firebottle got out his bag of pixie dust, and spread some over my KIN, increasing the performance of the phono stage, and all with no charge.

I could have sat there all weekend listening to the system, but reality was calling, and I needed to head back home.
    A mere round trip of 720km (450 miles) today, and thoroughly worth it.
    Kevin

I'm Lee.

I heard the Vivant last night round my house, Alan has done a fantastic job on this one guys, sounds sublime, very natural presentation and wonderful soundstaging. We were only using a Goldring 1040 which is loan to me at the moment until I get a decent MC cart but none the less it sounded superb. I'm looking forward to hearing it again when I get a MC cart

Nice one Alan

Lee
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Alan.

Default How to build a one box MC phono

Keep the transformer as far away from the inputs as possible and watch the layout

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Keep the transformer as far away from the inputs as possible and watch the layout

Oh, I like what you've done there, swapping in a custom Toriodal TF and showing the bottom end to the RCA sockets. Very clever. Moves all the interference on to a different plane. Nice and neat too. Top stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234