+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: laptop to dac converter

I'm gerald.

Default laptop to dac converter

i have got hold of a Beresford TC-7510 DAC but it does not have a usb input what is the best way to connect them up?

Gerry

I'm Neil.

What laptop do you have? It might have an optical output, which you can use.

If not, you will need a USB to SPDIF converter.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm andrew.

As above
    You will need a usb to spdif converter something cheap and cheerful should do, I think Behringer do one for around £25 or you could look out for a used M2Tech Hiface which should be better or Beresfords own http://www.homehifi.co.uk/PP/cartview.html?id=27
    Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    i have got hold of a Beresford TC-7510 DAC but it does not have a usb input what is the best way to connect them up?

Gerry
    I got a USB to TOSLINK or Coax converter. Just email or PM me for an AoS member price if you don't manage to find anything else suitable.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    I got a USB to TOSLINK or Coax converter. Just email or PM me for an AoS member price if you don't manage to find anything else suitable.
    Ive got one of those I think. Very good it is too. Might yet go back to it some day
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by roob View Post
    As above
    You will need a usb to spdif converter something cheap and cheerful should do, I think Behringer do one for around £25 or you could look out for a used M2Tech Hiface which should be better or Beresfords own http://www.homehifi.co.uk/PP/cartview.html?id=27
    Hi Gerald,
    I have an M2Tech hiface you could have for cheap if that helps.
    Source: Heavily modified DDDAC using MacBook Pro.
    Amplification: Pre amp-Stereo Coffee pre amp on steroids.
    Power amp- Rather large Colin Wonfor Class A power Amp
    Speakers: Lampizator P17 Open Baffles
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by roob View Post
    As above
    Hi Gerald,
    I have an M2Tech hiface you could have for cheap if that helps.
    Source: Heavily modified DDDAC using MacBook Pro.
    Amplification: Pre amp-Stereo Coffee pre amp on steroids.
    Power amp- Rather large Colin Wonfor Class A power Amp
    Speakers: Lampizator P17 Open Baffles
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

I'm Dave.

Gerry
    There's quite an interesting article here - http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6...hootout-15327/ if you fancy a longish read.

Problem is that some of the kit mentioned is quite expensive, and it could be cheaper to buy a new laptop with an appropriate output - such as a Macbook Pro - or pick up a used one, or a Mac Mini on eBay.
    Dave

I'm gone.

Gerry
    Are you sorted now, Gerry?

If not I've a spare USB converter you can have.
    One of these - cheap but surprisingly decent! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1318882803...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm gone.

Hi Gerry

Your inbox is full!

here's how to use the USB converter I just sent you ...

Plug in the USB cable.
    Right next to that USB input socket there are RCA and TOSLINK output sockets. Use whichever you want to connect to your DAC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast