+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost Time in Cordoba

I'm Shaun.

Default Lost Time in Cordoba

I remember many years back in time, Steve Hackett the guitarist composed a beautiful piece of music entitled 'Lost Time in Cordoba'. In reverence to that piece, I have called this 'Lost Time on the Humber'. OK, so nowhere near as romantic a setting until you listen and look together. Tetney Salt Marsh where this was taken is a sublime place of loneliness and solitude. Just like Hackett's haunting piece.
    Among the many: Ozric Tentacles early years - Genesis early years - Pink Floyd - Brand X - Camel - Shpongle - Younger Brother - The Peaking Goddess Collective - Deadmau5 - Trentemoller - Kiasmos - Acoustic Alchemy - John Coltraine - Hank Mobley - Lee Morgan - And Oasis...!

I'm Ian.

I remember it well, from the album Spectral Mornings.

https://youtu.be/wvUG4zMRGAw
    My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/Musical Fidelity X DAC/Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Mordaunt Short Signifer, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Textbook example of the compositional rule of thirds.

Excellent - lovely photo that one could gaze at for some time. Well done Shaun.
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm Shaun.

Absolutely Barry, I never ever make out that I am original. If I were to take this shot again though, the post would be slightly further over to the left.

Thank you so much for your comments.
    Among the many: Ozric Tentacles early years - Genesis early years - Pink Floyd - Brand X - Camel - Shpongle - Younger Brother - The Peaking Goddess Collective - Deadmau5 - Trentemoller - Kiasmos - Acoustic Alchemy - John Coltraine - Hank Mobley - Lee Morgan - And Oasis...!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Absolutely Barry, I never ever make out that I am original. If I were to take this shot again though, the post would be slightly further over to the left.

Thank you so much for your comments.
    Agree, that would be better - but it's still a great photo nonetheless.
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm Geoff.

Shaun,

wouldn't it be easier to leave the post where it is and move yourself to the right instead?

Geoff

I'm Steve.

Hackett at his best methinks.
    WEBSITE.... www.theprogmeister.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Shaun,

wouldn't it be easier to leave the post where it is and move yourself to the right instead?

Geoff
    Methinks you are confusing the virtual with the real

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Hackett at his best methinks.
    There is no way I could disagree with that sentiment. I saw him at that time (1979 ?) at Hull City Hall and it was sublime.

+ Reply to Thread