+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ...looking for a bit of cartridge choice help..

I'm Jeff.

Cool

cheers, many thanks the advice.

I've just been reading up on the 2M Blue and I was thinking that could a good choice, from what I've read.

So now I'm facing a choice of 2M Blue, or Concorde with 30 (or 20 even) stylus.

Must admit the 2M Blue does look pretty cool
    Technics Sl1210 mk2. MCRU Linear Power Supply Step 2, Funk Firm Achromat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Kab Tone Arm Damper, Kab arm rewiring kit, Kab Litz RCA wiring, Ortofon Concorde DJ S with Stylus 30, IanMac bearing.
    LFD MMO Phono Stage. Rega Elex-R Integrated Amp.Rega RS7 Speakers, TNT FFRC Speaker Cable. Nessie Vinyl Master RCM ( to take the misery out of record cleaning )
    Rega Dac.

I'm Michiel.

I think 2M Blue is better than Concorde with 20 stylus (same stylus but better body). With 30 stylus the difference may be less apparent, but it will be more expensive than the 2M Blue, so maybe less value for money.
    Turntable Technics SL-1210mk2, Origin Live modified OL1 tonearm, Van Den Hul rewire, LDA/MCRU Step 2 PSU, Ianmac bearing, Isonoes, Achromat, Clearaudio Twister
    Cartridge Audio Technica AT33PTG II
    Tape Technics RS-AZ6
    SACD Sony SCD-XB790QS
    Ampification Accuphase E-205
    Speakers Dali Ikon 6 Special Edition
    Sub REL Strata II
    Cables Van Den Hul: MCS-150M and D-502 Hybrid (Tonearm), Integration Hybrid (SACD, Tape), CS-122 Hybrid (Speakers), The Second (currently unused). Canare: 4S8 (Sub)

I'm Jeff.

Well after reading just about everything I could find on the subject I decided to go with my original plan, and I've ordered a 30 Stylus for my Concorde body.

Quite a few people said that it works well on the Technics with a tone arm damper , which I have on order.

Kevin from Kab seems to like it.

I did consider getting a Nagoaka Mp110, but I just worry that was a bit too cheap, and then there was the MP200 will seems like the perfect cart, but its the thought of spending £280 or so a replacement stylus should mine get broken that really worries me. and my wife always puts the stylus down on a record the same way that Ryanair pilots land planes , but saying that I have told her she's banned from using it when I get the stylus....

Cheers all.
    Technics Sl1210 mk2. MCRU Linear Power Supply Step 2, Funk Firm Achromat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Kab Tone Arm Damper, Kab arm rewiring kit, Kab Litz RCA wiring, Ortofon Concorde DJ S with Stylus 30, IanMac bearing.
    LFD MMO Phono Stage. Rega Elex-R Integrated Amp.Rega RS7 Speakers, TNT FFRC Speaker Cable. Nessie Vinyl Master RCM ( to take the misery out of record cleaning )
    Rega Dac.

I'm Michiel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wood View Post
    Well after reading just about everything I could find on the subject I decided to go with my original plan, and I've ordered a 30 Stylus for my Concorde body.
    Still a good choice It's a very good stylus. Let us know what you think of it when it arrives!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wood View Post
    and my wife always puts the stylus down on a record the same way that Ryanair pilots land planes
    LOL
    Turntable Technics SL-1210mk2, Origin Live modified OL1 tonearm, Van Den Hul rewire, LDA/MCRU Step 2 PSU, Ianmac bearing, Isonoes, Achromat, Clearaudio Twister
    Cartridge Audio Technica AT33PTG II
    Tape Technics RS-AZ6
    SACD Sony SCD-XB790QS
    Ampification Accuphase E-205
    Speakers Dali Ikon 6 Special Edition
    Sub REL Strata II
    Cables Van Den Hul: MCS-150M and D-502 Hybrid (Tonearm), Integration Hybrid (SACD, Tape), CS-122 Hybrid (Speakers), The Second (currently unused). Canare: 4S8 (Sub)

I'm Jeff.

Cheers, I'll let you know how it goes.

I did think about the 2M Blue but it was pretty much the same price as a Stylus 30 for my concorde, I paid £175 for it, and the 2m Blues are £169, and I did read a review where the reviewer tried the stylus on a super OM body and actually thought it sounded better on the concorde body, so Im hoping that's the case, but if that's wrong, then its always an option to get a super OM body,
    Rega Dac.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12