+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AT OC9 or revamped OC5?

I'm Jason.

Default AT OC9 or revamped OC5?

Hi all,

I've long had a soft spot for the AT OC series after having had an OC5 for many years. I'd been after an OC9 for a while but gave up on the idea after the yen/pound price hike, and after missing a secondhand one on eBay got to thinking - would my OC5 if retipped by someone (I'm thinking Expert Stylus but am open to other suggestions) be a worthy contender? Anyone have experience of the results of retipping - are they better than stock or merely as good as?

Cheers,

Jason
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

The suspension is going to be old.

Dave

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The OC9 new wouldn't cost much different to a re-vamped OC5 at EsCo's prices.

I'd get the 9 myself....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm David.

this reminds me... i forgot to ring you again today dave... i asume you have my tt ok?

i had an oc9 until my cat bust it .. very nice!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cawley View Post
    The suspension is going to be old.

Dave
    But EsCo will check this for you. If it is beyond redemption you will only be charged ~£25. A full re-tip and clean out should be ~£275.
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm Jason.

Thanks all, for some reason I thought the Esco re-tip was somewhat cheaper. I think I'll probably save the pennies and go for either a new 9 or one of the 33s.

Meantimes I'll get a NOS stylus for my ADC XLM someone gave me - it's surprisingly good for a MM design...

Jason
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

+ Reply to Thread