+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My DIY stats

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Johan.

@Ali Tait: even though I used very simple segmentation they still needed equalizing to sound right. They sound detailed with a tight bass. Stereo imaging is good in my opinion. They play (at least for me) loud enough. (I don't enjoy playing very loud so no problems with the stats ) Friends of mine seem to enjoy them too - always when they visit me the stats play their favourite music (electronic) so they have a social function as well.

@Macca: Thank you. It's always a bit messy in my living room - it's an empty pc case in the background. After a few weeks of questioning I decided to not add an electrodynamic (sub) woofer to the stats. (I can do that later) Although there is some lacking of lower frequency output I think the quality is still very good. ("tight") I decided to accept less lower range frequencies and spend the money and time on new, bigger stats rather than adding woofers to the existing ones. The new stats will be over four times bigger in radiating surface so I hope I will manage to get a good result.

@walpurgis: You are right, personally I like the Audiostatic design.
    Last edited by j.postema; 02-10-2016 at 23:25.

+ Reply to Thread