+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: The ALLO Audio music steamer - Pic heavy review

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonky View Post
    Hi, thanks. I believe the 6.3V powers the sabre DAC first (capable of a 9V + feed I believe) and the Rpi is fed a lower voltage from the DAC...but I could be wrong...(?)

Thanks again,

Richard
    Richard, the Audiophonics Sabre REQUIRES 6-9V for operation as it regulates this down to both 5V for the Pi and 3.3 for the Sabre DAC. You can even run it on up to 12V but it will become warm and it wont be able to scrub enough voltage off of those 12v for the Pi and USB power. So you could overload any USB units attached to the Pi.
    Oh, and you should NOT supply any 5V via the Micro USB connector on the Pi!

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    Richard, the Audiophonics Sabre REQUIRES 6-9V for operation as it regulates this down to both 5V for the Pi and 3.3 for the Sabre DAC. You can even run it on up to 12V but it will become warm and it wont be able to scrub enough voltage off of those 12v for the Pi and USB power. So you could overload any USB units attached to the Pi.
    Oh, and you should NOT supply any 5V via the Micro USB connector on the Pi!
    Thanks; I'm along way from home at present, but as far as I can recall there is only one ps lead and that's to the Sabre. When I get back I need to compare that configuration with my RPi and ALLO DAC.

Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445