+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: The ALLO Audio music steamer - Pic heavy review

I'm Dave.

Well surprisingly the Young is now working again this morning.

But I have some reservations as to whether it will keep playing or stay stable since I have no idea why it played up yesterday - so for the time being the review of the DigiOne is on hold.
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Wilmslow Audio Gemini speakers with external crossovers | DCB1 -> Neurochrome 86 Monos | Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 -> Denafrips Pontus II | Roon Server/ HQPlayer | Spotfire interconnects / speaker cable

I'm stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    I have had the same skipping problem ever since I got the Kalii/Piano 2.1 and despite trying all different settings in Moode I have never managed to clear it.

Many hours of listening have shown the skipping is not consistent and not related to any track, file format or time playing - it all seems totally random.

I have ruled out the music library and Moode as it causes no problems when I use an Audiophonics v3 card or HiFiBerry card.

Its a shame as the combination sounds quite nice.
    For many months I've been using the usb output from the pi2 or analogue out from pi2/iquadio dac and both of these methods have never had this problem. The problem has only occurred since I started using the Kali/Piano combination so I'm 100% certain the problem lies with either the Kali or the Piano. For sake of elimination I will try piCorePlayer 3.2.

I'm Josie.

Regarding the skipping problem, are you up-sampling?
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm stuart.

nope, no up-sampling.

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Regarding the skipping problem, are you up-sampling?
    No - in fact all is pretty much as loaded except selecting the DAC board.

In a different test I did find some upsampling caused a different type of skip - very obvious rather than a second or two.

The Kalli/Piano can also occasionally just go into a repeat of the same second of music and even shutting down Moode does not stop it - only pulling the power on the Kalli does ; thats also why I consider the problem device related.

I'm Josie.

Hmm... it does sound device related to me. I've not had anything like that. Might be best to let Andre know.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hmm... it does sound device related to me. I've not had anything like that. Might be best to let Andre know.
    To be honest Ive rather given up on Allo kit and now use Audiophonics kit which I find better and their help/support (company and forum) is excellent.

Allo obviously has Andre to help them but have you ever tried the actual Allo site help and forum - you should it was quite an (-ve) experience for me.

I'm Mel.

Last edited by Cycleallday; 18-07-2017 at 16:40. Reason: post repeated for some reason

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    I have had the same skipping problem ever since I got the Kalii/Piano 2.1 and despite trying all different settings in Moode I have never managed to clear it.

Many hours of listening have shown the skipping is not consistent and not related to any track, file format or time playing - it all seems totally random.

I have ruled out the music library and Moode as it causes no problems when I use an Audiophonics v3 card or HiFiBerry card.

Its a shame as the combination sounds quite nice.
    I've been using Kali/Piano 2.1 with the current versions of Moode and Volumio with no skipping at all. Earlier versions of Moode did produce occasional very short skips, much less than a second duration.
    I think Allo's support for their products is pretty good btw.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by killie99 View Post
    I have just started using a Kali/Piano 2.1 and Rpi2 and I am having this same problem with skipping - it's very intermittent and it's only a fraction of a second but very annoying. Connected by LAN cable and I'm using piCorePlayer 3.11 audio version. ANyone know what the solution is?
    Sorry to hear this. The Kali + Piano worked faultlessly in my system using a local HDD connected by USB to a Pi2B. I did not try connecting it to my network, except for internet radio where again it worked without any glitches in wireless mode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast