+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The ALLO Audio music steamer - Pic heavy review

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunicycle View Post
    Now that it is winging its way from France can any existing owners tell me what size standoffs I need between each layer? Any preference nylon or brass for any reason whether it be SQ or just practical. Thanks Richard
    Richard it looks like the boards are supplied with standoffs. Look at the Allo site and find the manuals for the boards you bought and they say what is supplied. I bought a bundle too and have just been looking on their site for technical details and links are provided just to the right of the description section.
    Mel

I'm Josie.

Hi Richard.

Yes, the kit is supplied with standoffs (see my pics on post #01) so no need to buy any. They are plastic ones.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Richard.

I shall see what turns up in the package then 😀Unfortunately I will have to wait until Christmas to try it out properly as it is one my presents!

I'm Mel.

Default CAPACITANCE MULTILPIER - what does it do ?

Despite reading the Allo sites description of this item and their manual I just cannot understand what it does - can anybody explain its purpose in plain English for me.

With all the components assembled (inc. the Volt amplifier) it looks like the package needs 2 power supplies, a 5v one for the Kali/DAC/Pi and another 19v one for the Volt. However, while Allo sells a 5v supply they don't do a 19v one so what type of 19v suply is needed - just an ex laptop unit?

Or does the CAPACITANCE MULTILPIER take a feed from the 5v supply and somehow modify it for the Volt amp?

Mel

I'm Josie.

It's the power supply for the VOLT amplifier.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Mike.

I just used a laptop PSU at 19v and the Volt takes its power from the capacitance thingy via jumper lead.

I will need to do something with all the spare bits I have as I'm only using the DAC the Reclocker and the wallwart ( need to source another linear PSU as my HDPlex only outputs 2a and the Allo kit needs 3a ).

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I will need to do something with all the spare bits I have as I'm only using the DAC the Reclocker and the wallwart ( need to source another linear PSU as my HDPlex only outputs 2a and the Allo kit needs 3a ).
    I think you will be able to run RPi+Kali+Dac off a 2A supply. No harm in trying anyway.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by jonners View Post
    I think you will be able to run RPi+Kali+Dac off a 2A supply. No harm in trying anyway.
    it works but made the HD-Plex PSU run hot so no good, so just using the wallwart it came with in meantime.

I'm Mel.

Thanks Mike, so I assume the odd board is doing some sort of clean up on the amp switched power supply. With that in place do you still need the 5v supply when using the Volt?

I'm Mike.

Default The ALLO Audio music steamer - Pic heavy review

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Thanks Mike, so I assume the odd board is doing some sort of clean up on the amp switched power supply. With that in place do you still need the 5v supply when using the Volt?
    No the wallwart isn't needed if you use a 19v supply as it powers everything.

I didn't order the wallwart but it came with one anyway which was handy as I ended up not using the Volt or the Capacitance device.
    Last edited by mikeyb; 03-12-2016 at 22:27.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast