+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: The ALLO Audio music steamer - Pic heavy review

I'm Fai.

I've been experiencing intermittent skipping during playback on the Kali piano 2.1 combo on rpi3. LAN cable connection.

Skips happens when using both dietpi roon bridge and jriver to dlna renderer.

Does anyone else experience it? It's beginning to get quite annoying when enjoying the flow of music.

Regards
    Fai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiohdwr View Post
    hello
    Latest Volumio image works bug free with Piano 2.1 or similar
    The settings for the crossover filters for the 2.1 don't yet work as they should though.

I'm allo.

Thx you Jonners for finding the bug. There is a dip in the frequency using the LR filters that come in the TI software. We already reported to TI.
    Have you tested the new filter?

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiohdwr View Post
    Thx you Jonners for finding the bug. There is a dip in the frequency using the LR filters that come in the TI software. We already reported to TI.
    Have you tested the new filter?
    I haven't been able to test yet, basically because installing the new folder was going to take more familiarity with Linux and ssh than I possess (which is very little!). So Jaikumar is going to send me a complete revised Volumio image that I'll be able to install without a lot of hand-holding.

I'm allo.

OK !

I'm Josie.

Hot off the press.

After Andre sent me the latest BOSS the other day I've been listening to it today. So far I'm very impressed, the sound stage seems wider and basically sounding more natural and easy somehow. Nice wide soundstage, oodles of detail voluptuous bass.

Had a few things on so far, dance, 60's psychedelia, 90's indie, some Goa and now Semprini.

I've opened a box of chocolates (naughty I know) and enjoying every moment.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Luis.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hot off the press.

After Andre sent me the latest BOSS the other day I've been listening to it today. So far I'm very impressed, the sound stage seems wider and basically sounding more natural and easy somehow. Nice wide soundstage, oodles of detail voluptuous bass.

Had a few things on so far, dance, 60's psychedelia, 90's indie, some Goa and now Semprini.

I've opened a box of chocolates (naughty I know) and enjoying every moment.
    Tested with Kali?

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by SantanaCorreia View Post
    Tested with Kali?
    The Boss will not work with Kali.

I'm allo.

yes correct, KALI will work only with slave DACs... BOSS is a master as it feeds its own clock.

thanks
    Andre

I'm Luke.

Has anyone else here bought one?

I was about to take a punt on one but then found out it wouldn't work on my Pi B+, so I would have to upgrade that too, plus a new case. So am keen to hear some more opinions on it first! I suspect it might sound better than my current IQaudio DAC +, but probably not an earth-shattering difference given that they both use the PCM5122. May have to wait and see what the new Kali brings to the table...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast