+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: The ALLO Audio music steamer - Pic heavy review

I'm Tony.

You need the advanced kernel and select Allo Boss DAC in the I2S audio device setting. I don't know where else you found to set the DAC. You may also need this to make the Boss show as an audio device

sudo sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "update cfg_audiodev set kernel='' where id='1'"

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by tkr001 View Post
    You need the advanced kernel and select Allo Boss DAC in the I2S audio device setting. I don't know where else you found to set the DAC. You may also need this to make the Boss show as an audio device

sudo sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "update cfg_audiodev set kernel='' where id='1'"
    I've tried that method and although the Boss Dac is listed, I can't get any sound from it. I spent about 8 hours on it yesterday and no joy with MoOde or Volumio. It's definitely working as I got it to work with piCoreplayer but I prefer MoOde.

Pretty disappointing to buy something that for the moment doesn't actually work with the main distros, if I'd known I wouldn't have bought the Boss just now.

Will be trying DietPi and RuneAudio today see if any of those work, and then wait on an update for MoOde.

I'm Luke.

@mikeyb

I agree about the premature launch of the Boss, could have been more proactive about drivers etc probably. I also recognise the apparent reliance on the good will of the distro devs and community more widely to get these things working, for which I am very grateful.

I'm surprised that you couldn't get it to work on Volumio, that was relatively painless for me and it works pretty well (though I am also keen to see the MoOde bugfix patch).

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by tkr001 View Post

I installed Moode 3.5 yesterday but couldn't see the Boss Dac, I installed the RT advanced Kernel but it still wasn't listed. Should the command line you posted fix this?

Thanks
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    I installed Moode 3.5 yesterday but couldn't see the Boss Dac, I installed the RT advanced Kernel but it still wasn't listed. Should the command line you posted fix this?

Thanks
    yes it does, just ssh into your Pi and add the complete line including quotes and the Boss DAc will show up in the i2s list, hopefully you'll have better luck with it than me as I can get it output any sound at all even using this method.

To add to my woes, my Pi won't boot up now so trying a different Sd Card in case I've killed the other one with around 30 installs and re-installs etc

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    @mikeyb

I agree about the premature launch of the Boss, could have been more proactive about drivers etc probably. I also recognise the apparent reliance on the good will of the distro devs and community more widely to get these things working, for which I am very grateful.

I'm surprised that you couldn't get it to work on Volumio, that was relatively painless for me and it works pretty well (though I am also keen to see the MoOde bugfix patch).
    No joy with Volumio, I even used the latest version too, I could see the DAC but no matter what I tried I couldn't get it to work, don't worry I won't give up yet, just a shame it looks like my mSD card is now corrupted, busy formatting with an overwrite just now to see if can revive it

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    No joy with Volumio, I even used the latest version too... busy formatting with an overwrite just now to see if can revive it
    Grrr! Frustrating. Puzzles me why some have better luck than others with these sorts of things. Hopefully bugfix will be along shortly...

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    Grrr! Frustrating. Puzzles me why some have better luck than others with these sorts of things. Hopefully bugfix will be along shortly...
    I've cracked it, have put how I did it in the MoOde Player help thread 😁

My post here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?p=857540
    Last edited by mikeyb; 23-04-2017 at 11:06.

I'm Luke.

Great stuff

I'm Josie.

Thanks for Mike, Moode is now grooving away with the BOSS..

Sounds fantastico
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast