+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: The ALLO Audio music steamer - Pic heavy review

I'm Josie.

Lol... Cool. 😀

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Today I've received the Isolator so watch this space for a review.
    I'll be interested in your observations. I'm using the Iancanada RPi Isolator from a group buy on diyAudio.

I'm Josie.

Ah.. Interesting. I just need a Psu for it. All the ones I have are either below or above 3a 😠

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Ah.. Interesting. I just need a Psu for it. All the ones I have are either below or above 3a ��

More than 3A would be fine as long as it's 6-15V.

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by jonners View Post
    More than 3A would be fine as long as it's 6-15V.
    Ah.. Righto. Thanks 😀

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Josie.

Hi Dave.

How is the DigiOne going?

Could you give us a bit of an update?

Cheers
    Jo 😁

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Dave.

It was all going well until my Young DAC decided to throw a wobbler about 2 hours ago - nothing plays through the DAC anymore - BNC/RCA/USB - nothing/nada/stuff all.

The original DigiOne unfortunately was DOA but Andre organized a replacement which arrived early last week just ready for me to test after a short holiday.

When the Young was working the DigiOne did seem to provide a wider soundstage and more 'dynamics' to the sound when compared to the HifiBerry Digi+ PRO. But I wanted to do some more listening/comparisons before I made any more detailed findings.

But now - well I dunno. I need to check if the Young will come back to life - which I reckon it wont

So I'm stuffed for reviewing the DigiOne - if anyone else wants to take over then I'll happily send it on for someone else but for the time being I can't do anything. Don't have a spare DAC
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Wilmslow Audio Gemini speakers with external crossovers | DCB1 -> Neurochrome 86 Monos | Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 -> Denafrips Pontus II | Roon Server/ HQPlayer | Spotfire interconnects / speaker cable

I'm stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Fai View Post
    I've been experiencing intermittent skipping during playback on the Kali piano 2.1 combo on rpi3. LAN cable connection.

Skips happens when using both dietpi roon bridge and jriver to dlna renderer.

Does anyone else experience it? It's beginning to get quite annoying when enjoying the flow of music.

Regards
    Fai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have just started using a Kali/Piano 2.1 and Rpi2 and I am having this same problem with skipping - it's very intermittent and it's only a fraction of a second but very annoying. Connected by LAN cable and I'm using piCorePlayer 3.11 audio version. ANyone know what the solution is?

Yatsushiro Guest

Quote Originally Posted by killie99 View Post
    ...piCorePlayer 3.11 audio version...

First thing to do is update your PCP to 3.2, either 'normal', or 'Audio'. Seeing as you use a wired network connection, go for the 'Audio' version.

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by killie99 View Post
    I have just started using a Kali/Piano 2.1 and Rpi2 and I am having this same problem with skipping - it's very intermittent and it's only a fraction of a second but very annoying. Connected by LAN cable and I'm using piCorePlayer 3.11 audio version. ANyone know what the solution is?
    I have had the same skipping problem ever since I got the Kalii/Piano 2.1 and despite trying all different settings in Moode I have never managed to clear it.

Many hours of listening have shown the skipping is not consistent and not related to any track, file format or time playing - it all seems totally random.

I have ruled out the music library and Moode as it causes no problems when I use an Audiophonics v3 card or HiFiBerry card.

Its a shame as the combination sounds quite nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast