+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: The ALLO Audio music steamer - Pic heavy review

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    I'm using USB connection, would the router still play a part?
    Well if music is playing it will continue with the router switched off.

I'm Josie.

Thanks...

Thing is, it seemed fine with the standard kernel so I think it has something to do with that.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Just tried this but still skipping occasionally.

1) ssh pi@moode (pwd=raspberry)
    2) sudo nano /boot/config.txt
    3) change existing dtoverlay line to dtoverlay=allo-piano-dac-pcm512x-audio
    4) ctrl-x y <return> to save the file
    5) reboot

Sent a message to Tim.
    Hi Josie,

Please send email to tim at moodeaudio dot org rather than PM's. I rarely check forum PM queues because I participate in multiple forums and its just easier for me to communicate over email, especially for troubleshooting and support :-)

-Tim

I'm Richard.

Default HDMI or Optical input - Raspberry Pi in the sky?

I was thinking the other day that if I could feed the digital output from my TV into the Pi Kali Piano combination that would be fun. Any ideas anyone?

I'm Maikel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunicycle View Post
    I was thinking the other day that if I could feed the digital output from my TV into the Pi Kali Piano combination that would be fun. Any ideas anyone?
    HDMI is an output connector on the pi, so that would never work I think.
    Optical input is not present on the Piano or Kali if I'm right, but maybe you could buy one more board to add this functionality, quite sure Allo doesn't have this but must be available somewhere.
    Why would you feed the output from your tv to your pi??

I'm Richard.

I was thinking that if it were possible to use the DAC on the Pi it would improve the SQ from the TV. After some extensive searching I think it's a non-starter and I would probably be better off getting a second hand DAC ON EBay or wherever.

I'm Maikel.

I was thinking that if it were possible to use the DAC on the Pi it would improve the SQ from the TV. After some extensive searching I think it's a non-starter and I would probably be better off getting a second hand DAC ON EBay or wherever.
    My personal opinion is that if you want to try to make this work, just because you can, just because it's cool to try, you might get it to work, but not very easily and not very cheap too I think.
    If you just want a better sound quality from your tv to your hifi, the cheap eBay DAC is the way to go.

If you decide to go go for option 1, let us know, because it would be cool to hear your plan and for some help from here

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Maikel View Post
    My personal opinion is that if you want to try to make this work, just because you can, just because it's cool to try,
    I resemble that comment, however my ambition outstrips my technical knowledge

I'm Maikel.

I resemble that comment, however my ambition outstrips my technical knowledge
    Pity to hear, but nice to let us know anyway

I'm Josie.

An update for you guys.

Very excited... Today I got the latest version of hardware from ALLO.

It's called the BOSS. It's a single card that combines the KALI and DAC in one.

Not tried it yet but a full review and of course some pics are on the way so don't worry.

Watch this space
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast